Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 declawed cats/MTL/URGENT

Lucky Rescue
December 12th, 2005, 08:33 PM
These two girls are declawed sisters who have been together their whole lives. Their owner has a new girlfriend who is upset that their white fur shows up on the furniture and has ordered them gone.

Of course, the guy who owns them just LOOOOOVES them so much he doesn't really want to kill them, but well, he will if they aren't adopted.

Gee, wonder if this guy would scrape up some guts if the g/f told him to get rid of his computer, golf clubs or something else he really cares about?:mad:

Lucky Rescue
December 12th, 2005, 08:36 PM
They are 4 years old.

badger
December 12th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I'm speechless...actually, Lucky, I was thinking another part of his anatomy must be missing, gnawed off by the new GF no doubt.
Is he at least willing to hang on to them until they are placed?

Prin
December 12th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I think we'd unanimously agree that were it any of us, the new girly would have to go....:(

Boubou
December 12th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Oh, he should definitely get rid of the girl!! If anybody ever gave me an ultimatum(sp?) like that, he'd be gone so fast - and yes, even if it were Brad Pitt!!!

I don't know if he is willing to try this, but having them shaved (lion clip) really reduces the fur loss. They won't see any fur for atleast 3 months after....just a suggestion....:pawprint: :pawprint:

Lucky Rescue
December 12th, 2005, 10:53 PM
He's in a hurry. He says its getting more "urgent" as time goes by as the cats (being mostly white) shed quite a bit even if they are brushed often. Yep, they definitely deserve to die!

I don't know if he is willing to try this, but having them shaved (lion clip) really reduces the fur loss

Nope. He just wants to get rid of them, as the g/f doesn't like cats in general.

If anyone knows of any solution or anyone wants these two sweeties, please pm me for the contact info.

cpietra16
December 13th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Get a damn white couch so the hair doesn't show....but I would vote for getting rid of the girlfriend. Once the demands start there is not end.

poodletalk
December 13th, 2005, 11:55 AM
What part of Montreal does this heartless guy live?

Lucky Rescue
December 13th, 2005, 12:03 PM
He's in Ile Perrot.

kayla
December 13th, 2005, 11:04 PM
LR do you have any more info on these girls? How old etc? Can they go to your adoption days?

Bushfire2000
December 13th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Are you sure he has a girlfriend? Maybe the so and so is using her as an excuse. They look wonderful, wish I was there.

Lucky Rescue
December 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM
do you have any more info on these girls?

They are 4 years old, declawed and gentle.

poodletalk
December 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Poor babies! I will see what I can do. How many days left for these kitties? Do they need to be adopted together?

Lucky Rescue
December 14th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Not too much time left. They should be adopted together, but to save their lives, I imagine they can be separated.

Thanks poodletalk!! I"m PMing you with contact info.

poodletalk
December 15th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I have peeked a few peoples interest today about these cats, they need to go home and speak to their wives. I am also working on a foster home for them. ( I think they may end up seperated though:( :( )

cpietra16
December 15th, 2005, 07:58 PM
To some cats being seperated may mean an early death. I have seen it. If you are looking for a foster home, I wouldn't mind taking them in together. I currently live with a lab, and 3 cats and 3 kids that have always known me to bring in ferrel scared cats, so they do know how they need to behave. I you think you have to seperate them please Please feel free to email me. I really don't want to see them seperated especially if all they have is themselves for comfort and familiarity.

Lucky Rescue
December 15th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks to both of you!!

I would not like to separate them, but as I said, it's better than dying together.

cpietra, this could be a long term thing if you foster them. I have them listed on my site, but no guarantees. They're a little timid, and probably haven't seen a dog before.

If you still want to take them on, pm me your tel# and I'll have the person at CASCA who is trying to help them call you to discuss!:)

CyberKitten
December 16th, 2005, 05:07 AM
If it gets really desperate LR, let me know - I can manage getting to Mtl or having my sister bring them with her (if they don't mind Spenser, her doggie) when she comes to visit over the holidays. My cousin is also coming from Mtl and driving tho he has two Border Collies - and there are other ppl I know in Mtl, a the son of one of the docs is at McGill but is coming home by VIA I think - would these kitties manage a train trip (I know many of the conductors - they are very good with cats specially if you get the Ocean Limited) There is also that plane ticket that I have ti use and now that airline is not flying as close to me as before but they would get them to northwestern NB and I could meet them. Just thinking out loud here.

cpietra16
December 16th, 2005, 05:47 AM
CyberKitten...it sounds like you can offer them a home together; or am I reading too much into it?? ALL I can do right now is foster. I just don't want them seperated.
LUcky Rescue..I will pm you my number, but if Cyberkitten can offer a home thats even better.

Lucky Rescue
December 16th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Wow, CK, that's an amazing offer! Does your sister have room for two large cages plus all her stuff in her car? (I don't know where the cages would come from unless their stupid owner will spring for them which I doubt!) Is she driving straight through?

Who would be taking them in? Do you want 5 cats? And would it be permanent?

I'm just basically passing messages here so it's a bit difficult but I'm thrilled at the offers.:)

Going to try and get more info today!

Lucky Rescue
December 17th, 2005, 05:26 PM
cpietra16, thank you!!!! Just heard from Louise and she says you're taking both girls, and also says that you are a "wonderful lady". I must agree.:)

Rottielover
December 18th, 2005, 08:46 AM
she is a great person, and has become a very wonderful friend. If anyone can be trusted with these cats to foster it is her. Her dog does not care about the cats, so they will not be scared of her. I wish these cats happiness together, and I can not wait to meet them both.

cpietra16
December 21st, 2005, 03:36 PM
Just wanted to update on the cats....their names are jealousy and greed, but since I have met them, they are everything but....needless to say I really feel the need to change their names. Anyway they are great and both lick and purr, that is what they do best...lick and purr, lick and purr. They have been in my house for a few hours and so far they have come out of hiding, met the cats and the dog and although there was growling on both parts I think they seem to get along. I am only fostering, but I think they are just about the friendliest cats around. I also found out that the guy that gave them away is truly heartbroken and had a real hard time giving them up. As for the cats they are happy and together:)
:) Cyberkitten if you still want to offer them a home let me know.

CyberKitten
December 21st, 2005, 03:44 PM
No, that's fine cia - if you want the girls and it may be lss stressful for them than travelling with my sister.(Not to suggest that trevalling with my sister is stressful, lol - I meant to convey that travel is stressful for kitties, period!!) LR, she would have purchased carriers for them since I would need them anyway!! But its OK, I am just happy they have homes!!! Lucky girls!!! Now if I can find a blue point meezer, lol

Oh and I think they definitely needed a name change!! Poor babies! :)

chico2
December 21st, 2005, 03:53 PM
Cpietra,thank you,tears are flowing freely here,but it's because of the wonderful person you are:love:
The former owner will one day realize he made a big misstake,the day this girlfriend decide to demand something else for him to give up,not a good start of a relationship.He might feel bad,but basically he is a snivelling coward IMO:sad:

Katze
December 21st, 2005, 04:07 PM
"Jealousy" and "Greed" ? Well soon he will find out those names are more befitted to his GF, as she sucks more and more of the life and love out of him.
Well I guess one expects this kind of things from declawers anyway ( declawers have a very high Dump rate) . Thanks for saving them cpietra.

cpietra16
December 21st, 2005, 04:31 PM
I am only fostering so they really don't have a home yet...
Cyberkitten there is a blue point on this site :D .....little Jasmine needs a home

http://www3.sympatico.ca/animots/frame.html

Lucky Rescue
December 21st, 2005, 05:52 PM
"Jealousy and Greed"?? Seriously??

Anyway, I know of an older man who is lonely and looking for the company of sweet and lovable kitties. I'll pass on these babies!

I also found out that the guy that gave them away is truly heartbroken and had a real hard time giving them up.

Sorry to sound cynical, but someone who would have his cats killed because his girlfriend doesn't like fur on the furniture is not nearly heartbroken enough.

Merry Christmas to him, the loser.:D

Prin
December 21st, 2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah, anybody who can threaten to kill two animal he "loves" right before Christmas definitely does not know the meaning of heartbroken.:rolleyes:

Rottielover
December 22nd, 2005, 07:23 AM
I got to meet them, they are sweeties. One would not stop licking me. She was adorable. Sort reminds me of my new adoptee tigger, constant licker. LOL
For now they are safe, and happy, but I hope they find a forever home soon....TOGETHER of course

chico2
December 22nd, 2005, 07:27 AM
CPietra,don't say you are"only"fostering,you probably saved the lives of these 2 pretty little girls,the best Christmas present they could ever get:thumbs up

cpietra16
December 22nd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Well I now know that unlike my other cats, Jade and Pearl (tentative names- they get atleast 3 names a day until I get a feel for who they are). Anyway besides being confused over what I call them, they love roaming at night while my other guys like to sleep. They also like kids...juries still out on the dog. They like Tess who just happens to love the fact that she has new roommates that she can play with. They do outweigh her by 20 lbs...but we are working on that. :D

cpietra16
December 24th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Just an update...their names today are Kirby (eats like my Kirby Vacumm) and Jade for her delicate nature and green eyes. Anyway they are trying to fit in. Kirby has taken over my bed and Tess is not too impressed. Tess, I noticed is very non-confrontational. When Kirby took over the bed (all of her 20+lbs) Tess and her ~6lbs decided that she can find a better bed. They are great with children and Kirby is a licker thru-and thru...my kids have never been cleaner..they are squeeky clean:D

cpietra16
December 24th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Kirby and Jade...Kirby gets the blanket

Lucky Rescue
December 26th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Thank you thank you!!!!

I'll update their Petfinder listing.:)

20lbs????????:eek:

chico2
December 26th, 2005, 03:51 PM
CPietra,thank you from me too,it gives me a really happy fuzzy feeling seeing them so contended on your bed....and I hope the jerk who gave them up for a cat-hater,will regret his desicion one day!!

cpietra16
December 30th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I am about to highjack my own thread...sorry:o This is now offically Kirby and Firby... and Tess regained her position in bed:p

chico2
December 30th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Awww,more fuzzies..they look adorable,glad Tess got his rightful place back!!

Lucky Rescue
December 30th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Awwww - that's heartwarming! Another case of one person's trash being someone else's treasure!:)

joeysmama
January 1st, 2006, 09:41 AM
I haven't read this whole thread. Just the first couple of posts about the original owner and the girlfriend and the last few showing these beautiful cats looking all safe and happy !!!

I think that cats were the only thing that guy had a pair of ! ;)

I don't get how anyone could be attracted to a woman who is mean.:evil:

Lucky Rescue
January 1st, 2006, 10:45 AM
I think that cats were the only thing that guy had a pair of

Well put!:D

cpietra16
February 2nd, 2006, 12:28 PM
Just thought I would update on my fosters. Chelsea and Kirby are doing very well and still looking for their forever home. I usually call them Kirsea because they are each others shadow. Call one and the other is always there, right behind. If you know of anyone that wants 1 cat these 2 girls are the one for them:D

chico2
February 2nd, 2006, 03:32 PM
It looks like they have their forever home,they certainly look like 2 comfortable happy kitties:love: but I know they have to go,so you can make room for others..Tess seems to be ok with them:love:

catsnatcher-CDN
February 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Boy do I have my fingers crossed!!:fingerscr
Their adoption means a home for 3 of my stray cats!

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

chico2
February 3rd, 2006, 07:41 AM
Me too,me too:fingerscr Who could resist those two beautiful girls??
If they get adopted,does it mean Tiger and 2 more will be safe in-doors?
Oh,Oh Tess is not going to be impressed:D

cpietra16
February 3rd, 2006, 07:45 AM
Hey chico2, Tess has her own problems. She is scheduled for her spay on Tuesday, but she just got back into heat. This heat thing is very puzzling to me. Its like she has 3 days of intense heat followed by 5 days of rest....UGH:sick:

chico2
February 3rd, 2006, 08:01 AM
CPietra,I've onle ever had one female cat(a Tortie)all my other cats have been male and Cookie never got in heat before spaying,so I have no idea.
I have heard females in heat outside and I ignorantly believed it only happens in March,believing in old wives-tales:D :D
I hope she and you will get over this heat quickly and she and you will get some relief:fingerscr

Lucky Rescue
February 3rd, 2006, 10:43 AM
I have heard females in heat outside and I ignorantly believed it only happens in March,

How I wish that were true! Most females are in heat all the time - off and on - except when they are pregnant.:(

CyberKitten
February 15th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I know this is a "late" responsee- just was checking up on the :"girls" - heat is so awful for poor babies - I have a breeder friend (where YY came from) who occasionally has resorted to the QTip solution to help her pregnant Blue Pt Precious - I'll leave that to your imagination but I don't know, :eek:

They look fine - it always makes me sad to see any cats declawed but that is another issue. I have had Siamese in heat and oh my, it is something to behold - or to wear ear muffs and keep petting and trying to keep her happy. (and locked up!) Some meezers really do sound like babies when they are whining and this one sounded like a coliky baby and I would carry her around the house like that. (She had belonged to a breeder who died , was healthy , great genes, etc. etc and left (at all of 2 yrs old) to my grandmother and we brought her up. I showed her for awhile - and she was a Grand Champion but I did not have the heart to make her go thru that any more so no more babies!!! Her kittens - now cats - are all doing well, one Seal Point became a Champion but were spayed very early in life and the others live the luxurious lives to which meezers (and all cats actually) are entitled to.

cpietra16
February 16th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Cyberkitten...it was Tess that was spayed, and yes I did try the qtip solution...the vet tech showed me how to do it...thanks. By the way the 2 sisters were already spayed when I got them, but still looking for their new home. If I had a bigger house I would keep them but then I couldn't foster anymore.

chico2
February 16th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I was hoping to read the girls were adopted:sad:

cpietra16
March 17th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I still have the girls, but since CASca put them in the Suburban...(A big picture too:) ) they've got some calls...nothing yet but we are sadly hoping...I'll miss those girls, except for Winnie who is absolutely terrified of Kirby:p Almost funny to see a 112 lb dog crying for his mom to save her from a 15lb declawed kitty!

chico2
March 17th, 2006, 07:35 AM
CPietra,:fingerscr that someone will see what we see,a couple of wonderful little girls:love:
I can imagine by now you must be attached:love:
It must be sooo difficult to hand them over to a total stranger,but I am sure you keep in touch for a while,to make sure they are ok.:confused:
We have not heard from "cat-snatcher"for a while,I hope she did not move already..:sad:

poodletalk
March 17th, 2006, 07:39 AM
From my experience of the Suburban, people keep the pictures and call a week or two after it's been published to see if the animals are still available. We had some very positive experience with the Suburban newspaper.

canine14
March 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Hi Cpietra,

I am sure that these girls are getting the best of everything while in your care. I hope that they can find a great home together so that you can keep fostering, even though any animal would be blessed to be chosen to be a part of your home.

How is Tess? Was she spayed? She's come a long, long way I think from the scared and dirty little girl my hubby and I picked up at the SPCA. Her happy ending is such a wonderful comfort to us as we sometimes get disillusioned with people when it comes to animals.

Lisa.

cpietra16
March 17th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Canine 14.....Tess is great..she has been spayed and seems to be happy. Still sleeps under my armpit and loves to be around Winnie...so all is great. Please come in for a coffee when in town. I know you are busy but I am home on most weekends.

catsnatcher-CDN
March 21st, 2006, 10:36 AM
Any news on Kirby and Chelsea? The ad was placed for these gals in the mtl gazette this past saturday and will run until next saturday... any callers?

cpietra16
March 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
Yes...I have someone that will come and see them...:fingerscr I'll keep you posted. If they fall in love with them I will go and do a home check....hopeful

catsnatcher-CDN
March 21st, 2006, 11:20 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr
I hope their qualified!
Ssh! I don't want to jinx anything

Lucky Rescue
March 21st, 2006, 11:25 AM
OH!!

I did invite cpietra to bring them to the pet fair, but unfortunately one of them would be too stressed in that atmosphere.

Going straight to a new home is always better!!

:fingerscr

poodletalk
March 21st, 2006, 11:41 AM
Great news!!!!!

I hope the home is qualified!!! :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

cpietra16
March 21st, 2006, 08:29 PM
Well I spoke to the lady and she sounds great...she'll be here on Saturday. I also told her about Pets.ca and she will log on to see the sisters. I will eventually tell her that we want to see pictures every once in a while...I don't want to scare by telling her yet though...:D

catsnatcher-CDN
March 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM
SSH!!! EVERYBODY SSSH!!!! No JINXING!
;)

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

cpietra16
March 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Well the lady that was going to be perfect person for the sistersj ust backed out because of medical reasons. Her husband didn't want to hurt her feelings knowing how much she wanted the cats, but when it got close to the intros I guess he opened up and told her how he really felt....sorry catsnatcher...I'll keep trying

catsnatcher-CDN
March 24th, 2006, 07:07 PM
:sad: OH Well!
Thanks for trying cpietra. But at least it happened now instead of a few months down the road.

poodletalk
March 24th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Would you consider taking these two cats to an adoption day?

Lucky Rescue
March 24th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Would you consider taking these two cats to an adoption day?

I did invite them to the pet fair tomorrow, but cpietra says one of them wouldn't do well there.:(

I HATE taking cats to adoption events too, but the way we look at it is one day of stress would be well worth a lifetime in a loving home....

poodletalk
March 25th, 2006, 05:58 AM
I look at it the same way as you Lucky

One time I was doing a cat adoption day this adult female toritse shell cat was being horrible, she was hissing and spitting at everyone! We took her cage and put her in an area where she would be alone so she could calm down abit. There was a lady looking to adopt a cat, she was about to adopt this beautiful carmel cat who was very sweet and loving.

When she was filling out the papers for the adopton she saw the toriste shell cat in an area all alone, she asked about her. I explained how nervous she was in a cage and she was hissing and spititng but normally she wasn't like that.

The lady decide to adopt the toriste shell cat since no one would ever adopt a cat like that but everyone would want to adopt the carmel cat. She took the toristeshell cat home and few minutes later someone else adopted the carmel cat. Happy ending for both cats.

cpietra16
March 25th, 2006, 06:03 AM
I did appreciate the offer LR and PT...I may have to do it, I will talk to CASCA and make sure they're OK with it too. The lady seemed so nice and so sure...oh well I still have my:fingerscr

chico2
March 25th, 2006, 06:59 AM
CPietra,I was sooo hoping it would work out for the sisters:sad: as was everyone else I'm sure.
But maybe since the husband did not approve,it might not have been a good home for the girls.
I wish people would understand,cats in carriers are not behaving like they normally would.
My 3 absolute love-bugs,although they don't hiss and growl,are terrified when in their carriers,not to mention how they would be with total strangers gawking at them:sad:

Lucky Rescue
March 25th, 2006, 08:26 AM
The lady decide to adopt the toriste shell cat since no one would ever adopt a cat like

Yes, we had two people in the last year adopt cats because they knew no one else would want them. These people are very special and rare, but they're out there!:)

Chico, our cats aren't in carriers. They are in large dog crates, covered at the top and sides, and they have blankets, beds, litterbox and food/water.

Some cats can tolerate only a short period of time, in which case we have the foster take them home in an hour or so especially if they are the hissy/spitty type.

chico2
March 25th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Lucky,I have a friend like that,a retired Navy-man and his Swedish wife,they have 5 unwanted cats and have always had 5 cats,older,some with problems,as one passes on,they will get the one who has been the longest at HS,no matter what he/she looks like:love:
I asked if he would consider CPietras declawed girls,but he's devoted to the cats at our HS.

poodletalk
March 27th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Cptiera,

Did you get any other phone calls for the cats? If you got phone calls for people only wanting 1 cat, maybe it could be a good lead for Catsnatcher and her 5 cats?

cpietra16
March 27th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Chico I respect your point of view...I am devoted to the cats in any province that I am currently in...they all need saving.

Poodletalk...feel free to PM catsnatcher. She knows that as soon as I find a good home I can take her's in....if you think you might be able to help her please please please help.

poodletalk
March 28th, 2006, 06:09 AM
I am helping Catsnatcher find a home for her five cats. I placed an add last summer in the Gazette for a cat I rescued, my phone rang off the hook.

Some of the people weren't a fit for the cat I rescued but they were a good fits for other cats or kittens. I held onto their name and number and I placed other cats with them when I got them. I tried to work all the leads I got for the gazette since it was so expensive to place an announcement.

Actually, I placed one Catsnatchers kittens she rescued with one of the leads I worked. I also placed a Senior Cat with a Senior lady from the SPCA Monteregie for the advertisment in the gazette.

I was wondering if you got phone calls, but weren't the right fits for the two cats, but could have been fits for other cats. If so, maybe Catsnatcher can call them up and talk about Charlie or the other cats. She always has plenty of animals to help out, I am wondering about the other phone calls.

cpietra16
March 28th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Poodletalk, the calls that CASCA got were all regarding 2 cats, because that's what was in the newspaper. When people called they new that we were not going to seperate them...I too am trying to help with catsnatchers cats. I know a few cat lovers who've I just met that would like to help. I'll let catsnatcher know of any updates. Thanks again