Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lucy Dog - still missing toronto leaside area

ScottC
December 12th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Lucy the Duck Toller is still missing - see pictures in the Nova Scotia Duck Toller post from earlier today. Looks like a small Golden retriever (35 lbs) with 4 white paws and white on her chest. She is shy with strangers.

We are on City TV tomorrow so please put the word out.

There are no animals injured or DOA (dead on arrival) at the humane societies or the animal shelters so my guess is that hopefully someone has her... but our fear is that it is not someone in the neighbourhoods that we postered and that they might think it could be a finders keepers... which is illegal

I have been looking for 3.5 days, posted 1500 flyers and we are emotional wrecks. Any help is appreciated.

Again, I offer my cell phone number 416-918-7550

Sheltielover
December 12th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your lost baby. I am unfortunately in the same boat as you,except my baby has been gone since Oct 17,2005.(you can read my story under Sheltie Missing). We have done everything,flyers, papers,signs,radio,searching over and over but have had no luck, I am also hoping someone took her in,but the sad thing is she didn't go missing from around our home, she was 2 1/2hrs away:sad: .We miss her terribly and want her home so bad but sadly I'm beginning to accept she may not be coming home,I just pray shes somewhere warm and someones taking good care of her. I wish you a ton of luck though in finding Lucy I know how emotionally draining it is, I cried everyday for the first couple of weeks:sad:.Keep your hopes up though. Abbey our dog was spotted 4 weeks later,so these guys can hang around for some time......Good luck on your search and make sure you post to the internet lost and founds,like pet finder and humane society.

twodogsandacat
December 12th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Best of luck finding your baby. On the upside Duck Trollers are somewhat rare and easily recognisable.

It must be hard but there was once a thread on this group regarding a missing pit bull. It went on for over nine days if I recall and had a happy ending. Donít give up.

ScottC
December 12th, 2005, 10:34 PM
i hope we all get our christmas wish! please return our pets

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your lost baby. I am unfortunately in the same boat as you,except my baby has been gone since Oct 17,2005.(you can read my story under Sheltie Missing). We have done everything,flyers, papers,signs,radio,searching over and over but have had no luck, I am also hoping someone took her in,but the sad thing is she didn't go missing from around our home, she was 2 1/2hrs away:sad: .We miss her terribly and want her home so bad but sadly I'm beginning to accept she may not be coming home,I just pray shes somewhere warm and someones taking good care of her. I wish you a ton of luck though in finding Lucy I know how emotionally draining it is, I cried everyday for the first couple of weeks:sad:.Keep your hopes up though. Abbey our dog was spotted 4 weeks later,so these guys can hang around for some time......Good luck on your search and make sure you post to the internet lost and founds,like pet finder and humane society.

Bushfire2000
December 12th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Just wanted to say sorry about your lost dog.
Good luck and add my christmas wish to yours.
I hoope you both get your dogs back.

SnowDancer
December 13th, 2005, 07:05 AM
I hope you find your dog. As I posted yesterday I will be on Bayview in 1/2 hour at Leaside Vet and Tails Up, but didn't hear back from you as to whether you had inquired there and also if Lucy is known at Leaside. Will take a look at bulletin board anyway as I enter.