Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing Cat Oshawa

jazzimon
December 10th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Missing an orange cat. His name is Fred. Lost on December 9,2005. He is an indoor cat so he will probably be very frightened if found. Lost near Rossland and Harmony Rd area. Please contact me a.s.a.p if found. Thanks for your help.

cpietra16
December 10th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I have been told that when cats are lost they are usually within a 2 block radius from where they were lost. Check all your neighbours sheds, garages, etc.. good luck.

CyberKitten
December 10th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Check the web sites Catinthe bag and Pet detective for excellent ideas for finding lostr kitties. Indoor kitteis act very differently than ones who are used to being outside and it is true that unless (like Emily in Wisconsin who ended up in France by a quirky curisosity) they end up in someone's car or vehicle, your cat is likely within blocks of youer home and is in hiding. Lost cats often act like feral cats and you might set out a humane trap with his fav food - you may find othercriters but it will also draw out your cat who may well be under some house wiothin sight of your home. And don;t ne surprised if at 1st he is even scared of you - lost cats are traumatized.

Good luck!!!

chico2
December 11th, 2005, 08:51 AM
A neighbor of mine lost her indoor cat and she was gone for 2 weeks,we looked for her everywhere,except close by.
Luckily she was found only 2 houses away,a friendly soul had been feeding her and called HS,as she was microchipped she was soon back home.
Go knocking on doors,ask to check out peoples backyards,bring a treatbag or her favourite food...Good Luck:fingerscr