Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sad dog story any suggestions

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 9th, 2005, 07:01 PM
The women that I car pool to work as these crazy upstairs neighbour it sounds like a drug house as there is traffic in and out all night and she says they scream and yell and fight all night and basically never go to sleep.

Anyways they have a german shephard that has attached himself to her. Apparently they are on there way to being evicted soon. I encouraged her to keep the dog as he seems attached to her. I dont know whether they would even notice that hes gone. Apparenty he is protective of her and will growl if other people approach her.

Anyways she says shes not really a dog person but she does seem somewhat attached to this doggie, as she feeds him leftovers and hangs out at her apartment. She also said it seems like he was abused as he will cower when she tries to pet him. I dont know this dog, but feel sorry for the situation its in, if it ends up going with these people I hate to imagine its fate.

Roxy's_MA
December 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM
That is very sad:sad: . Hopefully the lady you car pool with will decide to keep the dog. I really hope she does:fingerscr :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 9th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I hope so too. I was encouraging her all the way to work. I was saying "keep him, keep him, keep him."

cpietra16
December 9th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I would tell her to keep him too, but being so close to the neighbours may be cause for alarm. If they are drug addicts, they can not be "all there" and may give her problems. I just don't want her to have problems with them if they finally realize one day that she has their dog. But your friend knows best. I just hope this dog finds a better and deserving home.

melanie
December 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM
drug dealers, really, does she have proof, does she have police reports, or is she jsut assuming? its never safe or sane to assume to know what goes on in anothers house, unless she has proof she may not be right.

when i was younger and had my pup, things were crazy in our party house, ppl coming and going at all hours, partys every night, lots of yelling, cary on and such, but we wernt drug dealers just dumb young noisy ppl with no respect for the neighbors:D

it may cower for other reasons, maybe it is a rescue, or maybe jsut like my germ shep it jsut puts its ears back occassionally, could possibly be mistake for a cower i suppose.

its just really annoying when others try and assume whats going on and label ppl with no proof. i for one dont have the sanest house, and am always labeled, but im jsut crazy and noisy, not up to no good.

perhaps she shopuld actally go and talk to them, just a neighbor chat about the cute dog and such, then she may actaully get a first had view of these ppl. she may jsut find she is wrong and has some nice neighbors upstairs (noisy one that have lots of friends:D )....

jawert1
December 11th, 2005, 07:49 PM
On top of doing what you already are by working on her to keep him, should she decide that for whatever reason she can't, have names and numbers of local shepherd rescues on hand. That way he can at least get to a safe place so he can be adopted out if she doesn't take him but I'll keep my fingers crossed she does. Good luck, I hope you convince her :) :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 11th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Of course there is no proof that they are drug dealers. She can smell pot blowing threw her vents. Also they come down and steal her ciggarettes butts out of the ashtray from outside and have also stolen ciggarettes that was already burning when she had to run inside for a moment. They have also threatened her demanding that they give them ciggarettes. She says that she can hear them fighting and screaming upstairs too.

Anyways IMO it doesnt seem like from what she says that the dog is in a good situation. Its one thing to have a party house. I've lived in a few my self, but it seems like there is more going on here. Perhaps they are taking good care of the dog and hes content in his enviornment. But for the dogs sake he didnt ask to be put in that enviornment I just think there would be a better place for him. I just feel for the dog in this situation.

badger
December 11th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Perhaps they would exchange the dog for a carton of smokes lol. If she feels for the animal, and when the moment is right, why not just ask?

I saw a dog outside the grocery store once, waiting for its owner, like a scottie dog, black, with a dull coat and eyes absolutely caked with infection. When the owner came out, I mentioned - as casually as I could - that his dog should really be seen by a vet, that it could potentially lose its sight. He said, I've got some ointment.

So I was on my way home and soon realized that he was just a short distance behind me. I waited until he came up and said, if you ever want to get rid of your dog, I'd be interested. Shall I give you my number? Of course he refused. I noticed that he turned into some really awful apartments. He was kind of a sad young guy. Sad guy, sad dog. I still look for them.

And when I see a healthy, well-cared-for dog, I rejoice.