Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog ate stick?

Tuckers Paw
December 9th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Hello,

Another champion move by my #2 canine friend, Last night he ate a stick, he has done this in the past, however this am he is real sensitive about his rear end. He had a bowl movement this am, I have the privilege of inspecting and did not find any pieces of lumber. Has anyone had a similar issue? reading other posts I head of vaseline being used to help things slide through, has anyone tried this and if so what were the results. He has wined a time or two mainly when trying to get on the couch. Any suggestions? :fingerscr

SnowDancer
December 9th, 2005, 10:13 AM
I would take him to the vet.

Lucky Rescue
December 9th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Agree you must take him to the vet.

A sharp splinter could be stuck, and could even puncture his intestines or colon and that is very serious and even life-threatening.

SnowDancer
December 9th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Another thought - although in your case it does not appear to apply - sometimes the sticks get caught in the roof of the mouth at the back - this happened with one of my Dachshunds - and we had to get to Emergency fast - was having trouble breathing - a large greenish branch - considering he only weighed 10 lbs. - and it was in deep. They got it out and he had to go on meds. Had we waited, situation would have been dire. Hope your pup is okay.

Tuckers Paw
December 9th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Thank you all for the replys, he is headed to the vet in a few hours.:fingerscr :sad:

Tuckers Paw
December 9th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks again for everyones feed back. Hunter had a seizuer. It was not at all what I assumed it might be, just goes to show that you should leave it to the professionals to make the diagnosis of what is going on with our pets.

SchnauzerGirl
December 9th, 2005, 05:01 PM
It's good that you found out what is going on. I hope that your pooch makes a full recovery :fingerscr