Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need Help.....

adoptaorca
December 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I Live in an isolated town so vet care is limited. I have a Male Husky , who has recently developed some problems. He started losing weight even though I feed him twice a day , A large amount of puss drips from his genital area , he has all of his shots and was recently wormed by a vet , what Im asking is , Is there something I can do to help him , or give him naturally ? He has also become more aggressive towrds the kids when they touch his back legs. If anyone knows what might be wrong or can give me any useful info I would really appreciate It and so would He.:sick: :sick: :ca:

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Nope. I can't give any advice other than see the vet. I don't think anybody here will be able to diagnose your doggy without seeing him in person (and without being a vet).;)

adoptaorca
December 8th, 2005, 09:46 PM
She was here 2 months ago , Unfortunately we have extremely limited options for a sick pet , this is why im trying to get advise , or find someone who has had a similar problem. I wish more than anything we had a vet here , I moved to canada 3 years ago, up in the Nunavut region , from the united states , and I found it is very hard to keep a pet healthy here. I keep him up to date on his shots when they come , but there is nothing to help us when they get sick .

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 09:51 PM
You can't reach a vet at all? Not even by phone?

It's just hard to say over the internet- I mean, it could be pus to you but something completely different to us, you know?

Puppyluv
December 8th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I know it's gross, but pics might help.. do you have a digital camera?

BMDLuver
December 9th, 2005, 07:31 AM
I think probably your best bet would be to try and reach the vet by phone and describe what is happening. I assume you have a pharmacy accessible so perhaps your vet could call a script in to the pharmacy to help your dog. It must be very difficult to be remote and not be able to help immediately.

Dragonfly
December 9th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Pus would seem to indicate some type of infection and aggression when someone touches would seem to indicate pain. But I am not a vet. And honestly, neither is anyone here.

While I understand about the remoteness of your location, board policy is to lock all threads requesting diagnosis advice.

Please start an introduction thread as a couple more posts will give you the ability to send and receive private messages.