Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lucy at the vet today

Dogastrophe
December 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Couldn't decide whether to post in "health" or "general" - so mod's pls feel free to move if you think appropriate.

Things have been quite hectic at work so I haven't had the chance to post as often as I'd like. Just thought I'd give a little update on one member of my pack.

A week or so ago, we noticed a small wart like growth on the upper part of one of Lucy's pads. On Sunday it seemed to have gotten larger, so we made the decision to schedule a vet trip to get it removed. She went in this morning for her surgery. All went well, except that the vet could not identify what it was (certainly doesn't help ease our minds at all). The sample is being sent away for testing to determine exactly what is was, if it is something to be concerned about, etc. When I get the results I'll fill in the details.

Lucy's a fairly doozy girl right now. If Jack wasn't pestering her (and trying to help remove her bandages) she'd be fast asleep. She really doesn't like her bandages -- I'm hoping to get a picture of her with her bright pink bandaid, which I'll post.

woof

:pawprint:

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I hope she's ok! :) Whatever it was I'm sure you caught it pretty early.

Dogastrophe
December 9th, 2005, 06:39 PM
She is doing quite well today, although is being quite the drama queen. She went for her walk around the block this morning and held her leg up for most of the way. When she got into the house it was full speed ahead. Her bandages come off tomorrow and her stiches come out on the 23rd. She is presently curled up on the couch having a snooze.