Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any ideas

shelly75
December 8th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I was out for the weekend and had two seprate neighbors watch Marley for me (3 yr old either shih-tzu or lhasa apso) and the first neighbor I found out after it seems did NOT feed Marley but instead checked to see if she had food and left it at that (i know that was a big no and she has been given heck as I make my own food) the second neighbor found it all crusty and nasty and fed her fresh stuff and watched her for the day. since I came home Marley has alternated between really runny watery black/brown poops and normal ones? any ideas?

she goes out side to walk but refuses to pee or poop outside so I do have a sample for the vet, she is up to date on shots and has not been in contact with any dogs as she is very indifferent to them and does not react unless the dog come nears me or my child.

the other thing is I took her to a groomers on friday to have her nails trimmed is it possible she picked something up there?

jawert1
December 9th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Hi Shelly, so sorry to hear that your neighbour was so remiss in watching your pup, however that might have everything to do with why she's not feeling well right now. I know when my Simon gets the alternating runs, I change him over to small amounts of rice and boiled chicken (aka bland diet) until his stools start to get a little more normal. It could be that her having gross food in her dish and her nibbling at it may have thrown her system out of whack. If while feeding bland, she doesn't improve, take her in to see the vet, they can take it from there :) Good luck and keep us posted on how she's doing :pawprint:

-Jenn

shelly75
December 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM
someone told me last night to feed her plain rice and some boiled egg egg (found out she likes eggs) and so far she is doing better I am gonna watch her over the weekend and see how it goes