Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Hank from GSRT

Toonces
December 8th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Ok here goes, as promised I said I would post a pic of sweet loveable Hankaroo if we got one and here it is, just look at him OMG! I could not beleive it, the pigment is coming back on his nose and new fur around his eyes. He is doing well in his new home and is quite spoiled like he should be.

Enjoy Folks!

Roxy's_MA
December 8th, 2005, 05:46 PM
He is looking so much better!:thumbs up

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Much better! :)

mona_b
December 8th, 2005, 09:39 PM
OMG...He is looking even more HANDSOME...;)

He's come a long way hasn't he?..

Everyone has done a great job with him....:highfive:

PLEASE continue to keep us posted.........And MORE pics....:D

K9Friend
December 8th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Hank baby - I've seen you on many GSD forums when you were not feeling well... and I'm happy to see you looking so much better...:grouphug: :highfive:

chico2
December 9th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Awww beautiful Hank:love: I am so happy for him and he looks wonderful.
Thank's for the update!

BMDLuver
December 9th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Toonces, thanks so much for updating on Hank! He's such a handsome fellow. It's a great photo, he looks so happy and confident in it.

Bearsmom
December 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM
YAY for Hank! Wow, he looks 1000 times better than before, and apparently loves his new home.

Toones, thanks for bringing him back, you and your rescue deserve a great big hug.

StaceyB
December 9th, 2005, 01:06 PM
He looks great.

meb999
December 9th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Woohoo for Hank!! I'm so happy for him http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

poodletalk
December 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
He got so BIG! Plus he filled out so much! He looks great!!!!

Toonces
December 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Isn't he just stunning! When I got the update we were just so excited and like I always do with any update the happy tears just flow. He finally has the life he deserves with people who take him everywhere and dote on him hand and foot. He has gained his much needed weight and his immune system is coming back. He is a favorite at his vets office just like he was here, they still ask about him and want updates and now when I take my kitty Emma in next week I will have a pic for them.

There are so many people that helped him and loved him including all of you, the vets at THS, my vets and donators there are just to many to list but I am eternally grateful to everyone who helped him wether it was medical, financial or moral support.

Hank truly has inspired me in more ways that I thought a dog ever could. We wanted so bad to keep him here forever but we knew we had to let him go because there are so may more dogs like Hank out there who need help.

As soon as I get more pics I will be sure to post.

Lucky Rescue
December 9th, 2005, 06:44 PM
OH, that's so gratifying! Hank looks so different and has a happy and interested look now!!:)

Thank you for showing this sweetie that life can be good and that all people aren't like the cretins who allowed him to get in the condition he was in then dumped him.

Toonces
January 1st, 2006, 07:47 AM
here is another pic of Hank we got the other day, you can't see his face but you can see how he is filling out quite nice.

Enjoy!

chico2
January 1st, 2006, 08:02 AM
Toonces,he looks beautiful:love:
It must be a wonderful feeling for you,knowing you had a HUGE hand in making it possible for Hank to live a normal happy life.
Hanks is truly a great successtory:love: Thank's Toonces and Hank's new owners:grouphug:

shannon1233A
January 2nd, 2006, 08:54 AM
OMG, tears of joy flowing :grouphug: Beautiful, beautiful Hankaroo, you look as gorgeous on the outside as you always were on the inside :angel:

Toonces, THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY, much for all you've done for this boy, also to his new owners. He is finally living the life he was supposed to! This is the BEST Xmas present I could have ever wished for! BIG, BIG hugs to Hank, you, and his new owners. Thanks for the pictures, you've made my day!

Toonces
January 16th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Just got this pic in my email, what a great way to start off the day before work!

chico2
January 16th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Thank's Toonces,what a beautiful doggie he is...and very lucky,made my day too:thumbs up Thank's for sharing!!

mastifflover
January 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Toonces Hank looks like a different dog he is beautiful. Amazing what love and caring can do, you should be very proud you had a big hand in making it happen for Hank. :angel: :grouphug:

mastifflover
January 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Toonces Hank looks like a different dog he is beautiful. Amazing what love and caring can do, you should be very proud you had a big hand in making it happen for Hank. :angel: :grouphug:

BMDLuver
January 16th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Hank looks Fantastic! Hooray for Hank. Well, this thread has made a crappy day much better! :highfive:

Toonces
January 17th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I'm so glad Hank makes you all smile, makes me smile everytime I think of him espically when lifes stupid things get me down I just think of Hank and all he went through and never once did he complain just toook everything in stride.

Toonces
March 23rd, 2006, 02:56 AM
Check out Hank, what a gorgeous boy he is!:D

BMDLuver
March 23rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
Awwww, he looks amazing! Hank is just such a dear soul. So happy to see he looks healthy and happy.

happycats
March 23rd, 2006, 05:58 AM
OMG Hankaroo!!!
What a sweet beautiful boy! I am so happy Hank has found true love, and now has the life he so truly deserves!
I will never forget the before picture at the THS, he looks like a completely different dog now, not just his face, but the sparkle it his eyes, and the way he looks so proud in those pictures, instead of camera shy:love: . He looks so content.

Toonces you are an :angel: your love and dedication made this possible:thumbs up

mastifflover
March 23rd, 2006, 07:06 AM
Hank looks so confident and happy now. You have done a great job with hank

chico2
March 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Thank's Toonces for not forgetting about us:love:
Hanks is one of those happy-ending-stories,thank's to your devotion,we all need to hear:pawprint:

mom_to_many
March 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
He is a beautiful boy!!

doggy lover
March 23rd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks for updating us on Hank, wow what a change. He is just beautiful the difference in his coat is insane and his face is healed so nice. You should post a before and after pic. Tell them to give him big hugs from all of us.:angel:

Toonces
March 23rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
I am so glad Hanks new pic could make all of your day! We did have a part in making him better but he did alot of that himself, he just needed a place where he could heal and we were lucky enough to have him in our lives.

His new family now adore him more than words can say and for that my husband are eternally gratefull. Without special people like that rescue could never happen. I hope people always seek out rescues and shelters and adopt those dogs that need them so much before going to a breeder for the perfect (or so they think) dog, not that I have anything against breeders but good ones are far and few between. Hanks foster dad is trying to get a really good pic of him and you guys will be the first to see once I get it.

I know how much you all love him and that also means the world to us.

muckypup
March 23rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
He is looking much better!

It is amazing what a little love will do. :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
March 23rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Such a heartwarming story. Thanks so much. Hank looks great. I lightened the pic so we could see how gorgeous he is more clearly.:)

Toonces
March 24th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Thank you Lucky, that pic looks so much better.

catsnatcher-CDN
March 24th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Ah! I wanted to see how well he's heeled! I'm so glad he's had a happy ending! Good job Toonces :thumbs up

Toonces
April 22nd, 2006, 02:53 PM
Got another pic and it is much better, full body and head shot.

Enjoy!

doggy lover
April 22nd, 2006, 03:04 PM
It brings teaars to my eyes to see that he is doing so well, thanks to you and his new owners. He looks so happy now.

Toonces
April 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
Thankyou doggy lover, makes me cry every time I get a new pic as well. He is now up to a whopping 97 lbs and he is slowing reducing his meds, he will never be able to be off them completly but a lower does is much better. He is happy, loved and spoiled rotten. His new dad works from home and when he does go out Hank always gets to go.

BusterBoo
April 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
I'm relatively new to this board and came across this post. I have no idea what Hank's history is and I was going to ask, but I am afraid to. It breaks my heart everytime I see pictures of an abandoned or abused furbaby, which I am sure is the case with Hank.

Whoever found Hank and nurtured him back to health is an angel. Hank looks like a real winner! He is a real beauty!! :love:

Toonces
April 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Hi there, you can read all about Hank in an old thread here on this board called our sweet new boy. He had a horrible life before he ended up dumped at a shelter and then rescue was called in to help. He is a wonderfull dog and my husband and myself feel so blessed that we were lucky enough to have him in our lives if only for a short while to help him heal, trust and love again.

Luba
April 22nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
Toonces I'm so happy to hear this, I know how happy it must make you as well.

Hugs Hankie boy!! :grouphug: If anyone you deserve nonstop love!!

chico2
April 23rd, 2006, 07:13 AM
Toonces,thank's for not forgetting about us:thumbs up
There are several rag-to-riches stories that I'll always remember,beautiful Hanks story,rescue and recovery,is certainly one..
:grouphug: to you and his wonderful new owner:love:

Foster2Many
April 24th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I so love happy endings! Hank is gorgeous :)

GSDRescueBC
April 30th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Wonderful work GSRT!
Hank is a beautiful boy and these latest pictures are heartwarming.

Kelly