Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

London, ON 3rd notification????

Georgiapeaches
December 8th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Anyone else receive this??? They want pictures of the pitbull dog(s)!!!!!!!!
A head shot and a body shot.
edit: it is included in the byalw...I wish I would have noticed it before.

Amiga Girl
December 8th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I just received this too in the mail.... and my dog is due to have her licence renewed by the end of December.... what exactly am I to do? I would like to refuse providing a pic of her.... is that outlined in the bylaw? Also, and I should know this...is one stipulation of the London bylaw that my dog needs to be microchipped? I didn't think it was? it's not Ontario law based is it?
This nightmare never ends...

lezzpezz
December 8th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Is there any way you can email/send me a copy of this? This is rediculous. I have my meeting tonight and would love to have a copy of this to present. You have my email addresses. If you could send me a note asap with the wording of the request, I will present this. I am emailing Beth right now....

Georgiapeaches
December 8th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Lezzer I am going to attend the LDOA meeting tonight. Will you be there? I'll bring this.

Georgiapeaches
December 8th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I just received this too in the mail.... and my dog is due to have her licence renewed by the end of December.... what exactly am I to do? I would like to refuse providing a pic of her.... is that outlined in the bylaw? Also, and I should know this...is one stipulation of the London bylaw that my dog needs to be microchipped? I didn't think it was? it's not Ontario law based is it?
This nightmare never ends...
Microhip is included in the London bylaw. I know somewhere that charges only $25 for it, if you would like to know where, pm me. Also, I will find out more regarding the picture and let you know.

Luvmypit
December 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Pictures or mugshots??? What the heck?

I don't understand that after you registered, spuetured and muzzled you have to take pics of your dogs.

Wow.. I have been reading your London pow wows and all the info on London bylaws and as far as I can see this never was a stipulation.

How can you get a thrid notice if you didn't get 1 and 2? Or is this your 3rd notice in general regarding this bylaw?

Can this just suddenly say hey you know whats a good idea lets take pics of the dogs? I wonder if they can do this?

I feel so sorry for you all in London, at least Toronto hasn't added any stipulations to our bylaws.

lezzpezz
December 8th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Meeting place is now at 13 York St, beside Copps Buildall, to the north of the train tracks from 7 to 9 p.m.

Beth away for this one, but I'll be there. I will make sure you get on to the "round the table" discussion, at the end of the meeting, if not sooner. I will try to squeeze you in as part of my VP report, as I am in charge of correspondence, which your note here, qualifies as.

Not sure how to present this without disrupting the flow of the meeting. I think round the table is the best, but I can certainly warm up the crowd and let them know that you are here to talk about this issue at the round table part...

Georgiapeaches
December 8th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Thank you Lezzer. I'll be there at 7 pm. See you there.

lezzpezz
December 8th, 2005, 03:50 PM
not everyone with LDOA is pro-pitty....BUT I believe that responsible ownership IS part of our mandate and that includes ALL DOG OWNERS and their BREEDS! This means that it behooves our group to represent ALL dog owners, including pit bull owners, and I have the agreement of some of the membership.

I don't want you to worry about the naysayers. We have an agreement to agree to disagree, but support all dog owners and their pets.

I hope this plays out smoothly, but I want you to be aware that some folks have a fear of pitbulls, even within a dog group!

Georgiapeaches
December 8th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Well, I looked up the bylaw as a whole, and under "licensing" a picture is required :(
I guess a lot of us were caught up with the insurance requirement and higher fees we didn't catch this. I'm still attending the LDOA meeting, (I was planning on it anyhow, to check it out). I'll see you there Lezzer.

Invicta
December 8th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Copy of the bylaw can be found here:

http://www.london.ca/Cityhall/CorpServices/CityClerks/ByLaws/pit_bull_dog.pdf

Pembroke is also requiring that owners of pit bull type dogs provide pictures of their dogs to AC.

This is such utter crap. Our dogs are not criminals. My heart goes out to those who live in cities where they are going beyond the provincial law and adding more fees, restrictions and requirements.

lezzpezz
December 9th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Hi guys! I have to tell you that GeorgiaPeaches gave a very effective presentation to our group and showed the members her letters from the city re: licensing of pitbulls.

Most were stunned and somewhat appalled by the excessive measures that GP and other pb owners must take to comply and it was a real learning experience for most. They had no idea, but get the picture now and were quite supportive of GeorgiaP et al.

One member works for *** insurance company and has discovered that her own employer is now denying coverage if you own the following breeds:

Pit bull, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, Chow, Akita

She owns a rotty! but did not divulge this to her employer, and she is none to happy about it! She told the employer that they cannot legally do this, but they say they can. Nice.

This raised a few eyebrows.

The same lady said that she knows of a building in London that is home to several pb's, one of whom she witnessed being assaulted by the owner with his foot, and when she intervened, the owner threatened her! And she was walking her rottie! She called the police after the fact and they told her that she could have charged him with ??(can't recall), but she did not act at the time.

She was very scared for her own well-being but mostly worried about the pit bull in this guys' possession: she had obviously JUST had a litter of pups and the guy was pulling on her muzzle/lead and kicking her just because the dog looked at this woman's rottie, which is a normal reaction when 2 dogs pass eachother.

This poor woman was upset by this incident. Both she and GP left a strong impression on the group and I am pleased that GP took the time to speak at our meeting and opened the door to the mess that pbs and their owners are in.

Bravo!!:thumbs up and many thanks!

babyrocky1
December 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Goodness, and what would happen to the poor pittie if he is taken away from the owner for his own protection, then he is not owned:eek:

Georgiapeaches
December 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Lezzer, I was more than happy to be there.
I am glad that you're group was very open and welcoming. I did not feel uncomfortable at all.
That man, the woman saw kicking his dog, it is such a lose-lose situation(for the dog of course). Anyone abusing their dog and making threats to individulas should be reported. Ultimately, the dog is paying the price in either situation :( No dog should be left in the hands of an individual that abuses it or neglects it.

dmsriou
December 9th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Someone on another list that I am on lives in London and received the same notice.

Her response to this is that she is going to take the cutest, sweetest, funniest pictures to send in... her dogs in their Halloween costumes, a side shot of her dog jumping through a tire at an agility competition... etc... etc..

She is also going to include a description of her dogs, as I believe that this is also a requirement. For this, she is putting together a 2 page dissertation of all of her dogs likes and dislikes.. as well as a history of all the silly, goofy, wonderful things her dog has done.

I thought it was a good idea...

gdamadg
December 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
They did the same thing in the City of Pembroke. I posted about it, somewhere else, but can't remember where.

Here is the link to the by-law. Oh and they have to bring their dogs in and Animal Control will take the pictures.

http://www.pembrokeontario.com/content/city_hall/documents/animalcontrol_2005.pdf

Georgiapeaches
December 9th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Someone on another list that I am on lives in London and received the same notice.

Her response to this is that she is going to take the cutest, sweetest, funniest pictures to send in... her dogs in their Halloween costumes, a side shot of her dog jumping through a tire at an agility competition... etc... etc..

She is also going to include a description of her dogs, as I believe that this is also a requirement. For this, she is putting together a 2 page dissertation of all of her dogs likes and dislikes.. as well as a history of all the silly, goofy, wonderful things her dog has done.

I thought it was a good idea...

That is me :) But, the tire jumping at an agility trial is another member.

I have so far written 4 pages of descriptions...quite cute. It is cynical and does mock them. But hey, if they are allowed to enter my home without a warrant, then they should definitely have a full description of their personalities and why not their bio's while I am at it!

For example, they want the exact location of where the pitbull dog was born, so for Daisy I have put:
There is no definite answer of where Daisy was born. She could have been born in Washington, Miami or even Moscow. She was found by the OPP at the age of 6 months, outside of London, Ontario on the side of a country road. She was curled up with a leather belt around her neck. At the time her vertebrae and ribs were protruding from her body...She loves to entertain everyone by doing zoomies and showing of her bum tuck, pause & run technique. She enjoys sitting on the top of the couch watching life happen out the window including, birds in the trees, cars, people going past and unmuzzled dogs enjoying their freedom.

dmsriou
December 9th, 2005, 10:56 PM
well hello there... it's a small world... lol

you are making me cry though... you need to know that...

This has been by far the best idea that I have heard of yet! I really love it! Keep up the awesome work.

Georgiapeaches
December 9th, 2005, 11:00 PM
well hello there... it's a small world... lol

you are making me cry though... you need to know that...

This has been by far the best idea that I have heard of yet! I really love it! Keep up the awesome work.

Hi. Thank you. In the last year I have cried, gotten angry and had a roller coaster of emotions. So far, writing this up has felt good, surprisingly. Although I wish I didn't have to.

BullLover
December 12th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Great idea Georgia! I'm game for doing that too.....I'll be writing a book about my dogs. LOL!!!

Me and Kayla
December 12th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Great idea Georgia! I'm game for doing that too.....I'll be writing a book about my dogs. LOL!!!

Perfect! A hard cover, bound book please about 4" thick. And while you are at it....don't forget to get your pics done in a 2' x 3' size and framed, so that they can't just stuff it in a drawer somewhere. I'm thinking that the least you can do is make them go out and buy a ton of large filing cabinets, and maybe have to expand into a storage facility. There are many digital printing places that will take your pics, blow them up and mount them to very 'unbendable' masonite. :evil:

Me and Kayla

BullLover
December 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Perfect! A hard cover, bound book please about 4" thick. And while you are at it....don't forget to get your pics done in a 2' x 3' size and framed, so that they can't just stuff it in a drawer somewhere. I'm thinking that the least you can do is make them go out and buy a ton of large filing cabinets, and maybe have to expand into a storage facility. There are many digital printing places that will take your pics, blow them up and mount them to very 'unbendable' masonite. :evil:

Me and Kayla
Oh, great idea. However, I still believe that they will throw them out. Does anyone know why we have to pay an extra $10 for each dog? So, here I am thinking I'm only going to have to pay $150 instead of the usualy $125, but now I have to pay $180.

Me and Kayla
December 13th, 2005, 07:29 AM
By the way.......is there any stipulation that the pics must be sent in hard copy and not electronically? Jambing up their inboxes with thousands of pics of your dogs might be fun. Just tell them, that you couldn't decide which pic of your dog best profiled his/her appearance, so you are sending them all to let them pick whichever one they want. :D

Conners
December 13th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I've misplaced, lost all my receipts for rabies tags (won't think it's important since see's wearing hers anyway), pluss her being spayed in 2003. Phoned my vet to ask if they could send me a receipt by mail...NO PROBLEM, be there in a few days. Phoned the Spay and Nueter Clinic and explained the same. She said she wanted $25.00 for a copy! I told her it was just a matter of printing it off the computer and I'd paid for the postage and handling, plus a few bucks for her time, but NO! $25.00 or I don't get it!
I'll NEVER recomment the Spay and Nuuter clinic to anyone EVER again! That's bull crap.
Turns out, a woman I met at city hall after I spoke wanted so badly to help me in some way, she phoned today for the first time and asked if she could take me Christmas shopping or anything. Groceries, whatever. I told her I wasn't feeling well and not in the holiday spirit and told her what happened.
She asked if I minded if she intervened and went down there on my behalf and get the matter settled. She said she would start of nice and friendly, but if push came to shove she would pay the $25.00 with a good piece of her mind. I couldn't believe it! It was like an angel phoned me on the darkest day and said I'll handle it for you.
She doesn't want me to pay her back, but naturally I will after Christmas, but isn't that the sweetest! I got the worst and the best all at once.
Now I'm argueing with my landlord for my yearly rent receipt so I can go do my income tax and start shopping, plus I fell and fractured my tail bone.
Can we skip Christmas this year and celebrate next year??? Somebody say ok!

Me and Kayla
December 14th, 2005, 07:14 AM
plus I fell and fractured my tail bone.
Can we skip Christmas this year and celebrate next year??? Somebody say ok!

OK

However, if I were you, I'd keep Christmas and get rid of New Year's celebrations. My theory is, that everytime I celebrated another year being over, I kept thinking that things would get better, but they didn't, so I've personally given up celebrating birthdays and New Years, and guess what........things started to get better. IT WORKS!

I still get calls on my birthday, but now everyone wishes me a Happy Hannukah (I'm not Jewish), or a Happy Frosty Wednesday, or a Happy Meal Day etc etc....but no Happy Birthdays. I know this sounds nuts, but psychologically it is working for me. I never get older and I'm stuck forever in the same lousy year, but it's not getting worse. :D :D

Me and Kayla

lezzpezz
December 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Conners, you did get the bad with the good! I say take the lady up on her offer. Some folks do have a heart. Sorry to hear about your tailbone....ouch!

Don't give up on Christmas...just remember what it's all about: love and caring and family and friends. Your landlord may have some of his own personal issues as this can be the hardest time of year for many. Don't let him get under your skin....

The best gifts you can give don't cost money. I know it sounds corny but one year when I was on my own and pretty young, (16), I couldn't afford much of anything for Christmas. I managed to scrape up enough for a tree and made my own decorations, little elegant fans, out of left over wallpaper, lace and glitter. I still put those on my tree today and it reminds me of how times can be hard, but you always pull through. Keeps me humble!

You've got kids that love you, Shasta who adores you and asks nothing of you but love in return. What more could you want? Plus you seem to have a guardian angel because of your determination and ability to write and bring people to tears! A gift in itself......

Buck up little one and remember how strong you are and how smart, compassionate and caring you are! Remember all the good things you do for others and then do something for yourself! You most certainly deserve it! And don't forget that you have an army of buddies out here in cyberland too! MERRY CHRISTMAS CONNERS!!

BullLover
December 14th, 2005, 12:45 PM
For this, she is putting together a 2 page dissertation.

Do you think that the dog description requires history of the dog? Or would I just put: blk & whte FS (for Sadie)???

However, I will write a novel regardless of the fact.

StaceyB
December 14th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I would dr. the pics with a ball and chain, prison clothes etc like the ones in the on your screen thread.

Conners
December 14th, 2005, 05:03 PM
OKbut no Happy Birthdays. I know this sounds nuts, but psychologically it is working for me. I never get older and I'm stuck forever in the same lousy year, but it's not getting worse. :D :D

Me and Kayla

ROFL K...I admit I celebate my 22nd birthday EVERY year. They get me a cake that says Happy 22nd Birthday AGAIN! My Mom's 21 and both my kids are older than me, but I never get older neither but I get the advantage of a party. hehehe
By New Years I'm so exausted about worrying about Christmas that I sleep it away. If I happen to be up, I kiss Shasta and think of blowy things long paper ribbons, balloons. With my mind, I can have a party in my head all by myself with Shasta of course.
Come to think of it, every year I worry like this and my blood pressure raises along with anxiety and stress. Every year if full of difficult surprises only they change through the years...but comes Christmas Day, my blood pressure drops (honest! I'm on a plan and have to monitor it twice a day and enter it in the computer for the doctor I dont have) and everything is chrystal perfect and I wonder why do I worry so much each year as the day couldn't be any more wonderful.
And now when someone tells me I'm a pain in the ass, it's TRUE! hehehe

Conners, you did get the bad with the good! I say take the lady up on her offer. Some folks do have a heart. Sorry to hear about your tailbone....ouch!

Don't give up on Christmas...just remember what it's all about: love and caring and family and friends. Your landlord may have some of his own personal issues as this can be the hardest time of year for many. Don't let him get under your skin....

The best gifts you can give don't cost money. I know it sounds corny but one year when I was on my own and pretty young, (16), I couldn't afford much of anything for Christmas. I managed to scrape up enough for a tree and made my own decorations, little elegant fans, out of left over wallpaper, lace and glitter. I still put those on my tree today and it reminds me of how times can be hard, but you always pull through. Keeps me humble!

You've got kids that love you, Shasta who adores you and asks nothing of you but love in return. What more could you want? Plus you seem to have a guardian angel because of your determination and ability to write and bring people to tears! A gift in itself......

Buck up little one and remember how strong you are and how smart, compassionate and caring you are! Remember all the good things you do for others and then do something for yourself! You most certainly deserve it! And don't forget that you have an army of buddies out here in cyberland too! MERRY CHRISTMAS CONNERS!!

Awwww Lady, you are a real sweetheart I'm BAD, I forgot to thank you for the pic of Shasta and the beautiful card. My one and only Christmas Ornament out so far. *giggle* *smack*
I wouldn't give up on Christmas. It means too much too me and yes, it's the true meaning of Christmas with the ones you love. Sometimes you just need a wonderful friend to remind you to calm down and look at the blessings rather than the problems.
I did accept that womans offer and still think she's an angel. My daughter cried when I told her too and I've had other offers, so I know I just have to remind myself to calm down and let things flow.
The cool things about frustrations are once everything settles down then it's funny to look back at how crazy you got over nothing. See...I need a mediarator (sp?) brcause I can't explain things properly, so I get lost in the shuffle. I know what do do and how to do it, but finally I get brain boggled and forget where I was at doing whatever and which fight I was fighting that the same fights continue, but never get full results. Example: I'm on the ground floor and none of my windows lock. I don't spread the word around or someone might steal my cats, but 6 yrs later and you can still come through my windows and rob me blind.
But look at this... (opps...I added attachments but I guess I don't know how so I took them out)
and it effects my health, but then... look at this (this was my baby sleeping. Wish you could have seen it)
and she effects my life for the GREAT!
I've called the Health Dept., Deb Matthews office, on the net, on the phone. What I NEED is for the LFP to come and do a story. I've got all my copies of work orders from 2004. And instead, the government wants to hassle me about my sleeping beauty. Life doesn't make sence.
Awwww...I'm just blowing steam. You know me, a good vent and I'm back to my crazy wacko antics again. Welcome to my pity party. :party:
Lezz? Why'd you change your name? :confused: :love:

Me and Kayla
December 14th, 2005, 10:43 PM
. Life doesn't make sence.
Awwww...I'm just blowing steam. You know me, a good vent and I'm back to my crazy wacko antics again. Welcome to my pity party.:

Absolutely correct! It doesn't make sense. And more importantly, as much as you would like it.........you can't MAKE anyone understand as you understand. You have a goood handle on this Conners........so get over it all, change what you can change and ignore the rest. It's only going to make you more crazy.

Personally, I like the crazy people. They are interesting. :D :D

Me and Kayla

Conners
December 15th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Well, I'm about as crazy as they come, but as in a good, fun crazy. If my antics made people laugh and I'm enjoying life, what's it hurt. It's not like I don't know the difference of reality and make believe.
But when I see things, meaning Shasta and health and important things like that threatened, the scare response kicks in and I will fight for all it takes to handle it. There's a few thing in life that I will lay down my life for to fight and that is family, good friends and of course my Shasta. This might sound aweful, but Shasta actually is more no. 1 then the rest, but that is because they have their spouses and family to take care of each other. Who does Shasta and I have? Each other and we totally rely on each other. She has saved me and given me back life when nobody else could or would do that. So naturally when the government threatens my loved one, I'm going to fight with all it takes.
I know about animal abuse as I was as abused as many of the animals out there. I know the brainwashing and the things you do, not that you want to, but because you hope that will get you the love you so desperately want. Isn't that all the dogs want is to be loved and cared for? And just as the pit bulls fought in the ring to stay alive, I held my own as I received concoutions, black eyes and finally a broken neck, but still never turned on my 'master'. Can't call him a husband as husbands love. This man owned me, same as the dogs. Maybe i feel their pain just a little bit more as I know the smacks and the thrown across the room or down the stairs. Did I tell? No! I protected him to prove my love for him just as the dogs protect their mean masters. I'm not comparing myself to a dog, but abuse is abuse no matter if it itto a person or animal.

lezzpezz
December 15th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I changed my name because the system decided that I couldn't log in any longer as "lezzerpezzer". Marko tried to fix it, and eventually merged my 2 files. I was going into Pets.ca withdrawal, so I had to create a new account to keep up with you guys:o

Hence the name, "Lezzpezz". Same ol' me, just shorter handle!