Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jasper the Yellow Lab Still Missing

ElaineG
December 8th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hi:

An update. Jasper has been missing from the Riverbank Drive area in Cambridge since October 24th. He was last seen on Riverbank and Allendale on November 30th. He runs from everyone and is being very elusive, but I am not giving up. The live trap hasn't been very successful; flyers are keeping the locals on the look out. I worry about the weather. Please keep Jasper in your thoughts.

cpietra16
December 8th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I thought you may have had a lead on the last thread...was it Jasper. I really hope you find him . What a nice holiday present that would be.

ElaineG
December 9th, 2005, 11:33 AM
We haven't seen the Burtch lab since the sighting. I drove down there just on the off-chance the dog might be Jasper. I don't know what else to do now. I am advertising in the KW paper for the third time; this time the ad is also going on line. I've faxed all the vets in a wide area and handed out reminder flyers in the area in which he was lost. The cage has been singularly unsuccessful - the only track we saw were coyote tracks. My son thinks Jasper is dead. I think he's found shelter in any number of old sheds and rotting barns. I also think he knows how to get food. What do you do when you suspect your much loved pet doesn't want to come home?

cpietra16
December 9th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Hi Elaine, Have there been new sightings? He sounds like a dog who would do well in the wild. As for coming home, its hard to believe Jasper doesn't miss a warm house with all the love he got. Could he have lost the scent to come home?Try not give up. I have been searching for my cat now going on 3 years. She was lost somewhere in Canada while we were moving from BC to Quebec. I still check all the shelter across Canada, hoping that someone may have her and some day will see my poster. Its a hard process to go through. All I know is that one day you will know when to stop looking. Until then keep looking, you never know.

Dawson
December 9th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Elaine,
I am still searching for my cat and decided to go to some local papers to search their classified archives to see if there were any ads I may have missed (my cat went missing while we were on holidays and so I didn't get to see all the papers he could have been listed in). I did not have any luck with my cat but did come across an ad for a found yellow lab. The paper is the Lakeshore shopper based in Tillsonburg, so I figure the chances of it being Jasper is slim, especially since you think someone saw him close to your home. The ad was in the Nov 4th edition of the paper, so over a month ago, but I would hate to assume its not him so I thought I would pass on the info anyway. I will send the number to you in a private message.

Fingers crossed...

t.pettet
December 13th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Hi Elaine, are you near Bridgenorth, Ont? Someone there found a lab on Nov. 25. Send me a private message and will fill in details.

ScottC
December 13th, 2005, 11:17 PM
we got our dog back today who had no tags and was missing for five days. she was kept by a family in a very affluent area in toronto who did not know what to do with a found pet (so you can't assume people know what to do). they thought the humane society put them down after 2 days etc... As a search tool, most papers offers 3 free line adds each week for lost pets and it works as we believe the family holding Lucy (our lost duck toller) probably saw our add today as they had her for 5 days.

Also, our story will be on city TV this thursday as Lucy was found when toronto city tv was about to do a story on us. believe it or not the shelter phoned when the camerar crew was there and you will have to watch to see the rest.

don't give up bc animals won't.. . check your shelters and send them phtots (we were called right away as we called 5 times per day) and also (not so nice) ask regarding dead animal reports (as they are reported to shelters and not the humane societies) .... and there are not too many (bc they are smart). they can survive the heat and the bitter cold (tougher than we).

bring your story to the media bc people care and good things will happen.

you will get your lab back. my last dog was a lab and they can survive anything - let alone eat anything :)

it may seem unfair that my dog is sitting on the couch next to me but I know what you are going through and now know not to give up!!!!!