Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good Vibes To Prin

shannon1233A
December 7th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Okay everybody, we all know how much Prin has helped us all new and old members with her expanse knowledge, quick wit, and caring nature....well it's our turn! Prin has exams tomarrow and Friday, so lets all send Prin GOOD VIBES! :grouphug:

Good luck hun, you'll do GREAT!!!!!:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 7th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Good luck Prin. I think you will do great. Just remember to breath and dont stress out. You can ace all of them I am sure. :D

StaceyB
December 7th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Go get em.

jawert1
December 7th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Sending groovy good vibes your way Prin! Good luck and I'm sure you'll do great!

papillonmama
December 7th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Good luck Prin. :fingerscr :thumbs up

Prin
December 7th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Aww (sniff) you guys are the best. :love: :) Back to work! :D

Puppyluv
December 7th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Good luck Prin, I'll be thinking of you while I'm failing my Biochem exam tomorrow :eek:

Prin
December 7th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Ahh, no. Biochem is easy. Usually everybody fails and then they bump up all the grades! Yey for curves! I managed a B+. Woo.

Good luck to you too, Puppyluv.:) I hope you have all your amino acid structures memorized... We had a lot of mathy questions on ours...

I've done 1 out of 7 little packets for my Genetics and Microbiology lab exam tomorrow. Woo! Progress! Only 11 hours left before I have to leave.... Lookin' good. :o (I come here between packets as a little reward... :D)

CyberKitten
December 8th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Good luck guys!! You should have told me what courses you are taking - I have scores of study guides (for biochem and scienvces) There are some not too bad ones on Pink Monkey and Barrons and another site I can't recall offhand (it is early AM here, 5:38 AM and I am not a morning person, lol) Oh Sparks!!!! Sparks guides

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 04:09 AM
I don't think anybody has a study guide for my courses... :o I'm done the general stuff and I'm on to the hard-core biology now. Yey endonucleases, transduction, transformation, DNA repair and MutS, MutL, MutH! Gimme a D! N! A! Wooo! (I'm going to bed.:) LOL Wait till Friday- I won't get to sleep tomorrow night at all, so Friday I'll be a real whack job. Woo! School ROCKS! Think about that for a minute, all you non-students who are sleeping right now, carefree! (or just waking up) :D Seriously, I'm going to bed.:o )

I'd like to thank Visine for keeping my eyes open while reading hundreds and hundreds of powerpoint slides and deciphering tiny diagrams of molecular mechanisms. :thumbs up

Gasp! Am I turning into Mel? LOL Take away a half a dozen hours of sleep and make me think too hard and I start to sound like Mel! Not that that's a bad thing, right? :D luv ya mel! K, seriously. G'nite!

CyberKitten
December 8th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Here is a link:

http://www.sparknotes.com/biology/

I was experiencing difficulty finding it but I was searching Sprite Notes, lol ( I need to wake up, NOW!!!)

shannon1233A
December 8th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Thinking of you today, you'll ace it with all these good vibes and your hard work! Good luck hun, 1 day down, 1 to go!:grouphug: :crazy:

Rick C
December 8th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Okay everybody, we all know how much Prin has helped us all new and old members with her expanse knowledge, quick wit, and caring nature....well it's our turn! Prin has exams tomarrow and Friday, so lets all send Prin GOOD VIBES! :grouphug:

Good luck hun, you'll do GREAT!!!!!:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Vibe, vibe, vibe, vibe!!!!

Good luck Prin.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Roxy's_MA
December 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Good Luck Prin!!!!!:grouphug: :highfive: :thumbs up

technodoll
December 8th, 2005, 10:49 AM
yeah prin, you go kick some exam butt!!!

:highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

mafiaprincess
December 8th, 2005, 10:53 AM
*huggles* good luck hun

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys! (Don't worry Puppyluv, I'll send you half of these!:D )

I'm off... I haven't eaten, barely slept, haven't showered... Yup, it's exam time alright.:D Now, with my weakened immune system, I'm going to go into a HUGE room with bad ventilation and slowly, over the course of 3 hours, infect myself with some sort of cold or flu. YEY!:D

jessi76
December 8th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Think about that for a minute, all you non-students who are sleeping right now, carefree!

hey, I did my time. I earned my carefree sleep. ;) as will you! best of luck with your exams prin - I'm sure you'll do great.

my tip of the day: chocolate covered expresso beans. (candy with that extra kick - they got me through hours of studying)

shannonRN
December 8th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Better to contract the flu while taking the exam than to enter the exam already diseased, I say. I've tried it both ways and I'll take the former any day. Good luck Prin. Finish those tests, and let the endless holiday parties begin!

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 05:22 PM
LOL Holiday parties... I can't decide if I'm looking forward to them...:D

Today was ok... This prof has this idea in her head that university kids can't think anymore and all they do is memorize (which is true, really) so this was a thinking exam, which I love. So it all worked out in the end (for this one).

Now, I'm making my man a lasagna (from scratch!) because he has to have a root canal tomorrow (:eek: ) and then it's back to studying till tomorrow. But tomorrow at 12:30pm, my eyes will shut, no matter what.:D

Puppyluv, how was yours?

Puppyluv
December 8th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Hmm hard to say Prin... it could have gone well, or it could have gone very very poorly... I wrote this little plea on the front of my exam to whoever was marking it, to just please let me pass explaining that I had spent over 300 hrs this semester on this course, and had no life because of it, and if I fail this time, I'll fail the second time around, and any compassion would be appreciated.

The course is metabolic biochem, and it's an insane amount of memorization (which I hate) and then taking all that you've memorized, thinking. If we just had to to do the thinking part, I'd have been fine, but I'll be damned if I know whethere 2,4-dienosylreductase is in hepatocytes or adipocytes or both or neither. (Actually, I know that one, but it wasn't a question, so it doesn't matter)
Anyways, I have a histology lab exam tomorrow morning at 9, so good luck tomorrow Prin!

joeysmama
December 8th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Good luck Prin and Puppyluv !!!! I don't envy you the stress of taking exams but I'm sure you will both do great !!:D

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks joeysmama. :)

My exam tomorrow is Mechanisms of Development. It's my favorite course so far but I never get to do it. Like this exam... I finished school Tuesday, had an exam today and tomorrow at 9, I have my mechs exam- not much time to learn the stuff... At least it's going to be an interesting all nighter...:D

mesaana
December 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Good luck on your exams, Prin and Puppyluv!

K9Friend
December 8th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Good Luck Guys! :thumbs up

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Heh heh... I'm not studying too hard yet... :o

Puppyluv
December 8th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Now everyone can join in the fun:

Puppyluv
December 8th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I have 174 more where that came from, so watch out:evil:

shannonRN
December 8th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Hey, I studied my histology and knew that one without even checking the label. Now the stuff that Prin was talking about is definitely not my cup of brew.

Don't panic ladies. At this point you just have to surrender control, be calm and know que sera sera. At least that always keeps me on the level.

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Oh, it's a contest? Here's one of mine... I have 25 lectures worth of these. (Mine are way more fun):D

Puppyluv
December 8th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I actually like histo, if you study it and practice it, and think about it, it all makes sense.
This is my biochem prof's fave slide, he would show it to us and say "if you know everything on here, you will be fine for the exam, if not, see you next year":evil:

Prin
December 8th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Great! I have one of those for hormones and one for organic 2... They're supposed to simplify stuff...

I'm so dead tomorrow. I can't get my head to focus...:(

Shamrock
December 9th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Good luck to you, Prin! All my positive vibes coming your way!:grouphug:

Prin
December 9th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Ahh, well, no luck in the world saved me today... I was wayyy over tired. My exam started at 9 and I'd only gotten 4-5 hours of sleep since Tuesday night and at 10 AM I looked at my watch, and panicked.. I couldn't figure out if it was 10AM or 10PM. I was all, "10PM! How come I'm still here at 10PM? Is this a dream?" and then I figured it all out, but man, I was tiiiiired. But now I'm FREEEEEEE! (till the 22nd) Freeeeeee! Wooooooo! We'll see if I passed...:o

meb999
December 11th, 2005, 12:54 PM
You're done your exams?? I'm SOOO jealous!
I couldn't figure out if it was 10AM or 10PM. I was all, "10PM! How come I'm still here at 10PM? Is this a dream?" and then I figured it all out, but man, I was tiiiiired.
That happened to me during an exam this summer -- I was sure for some odd reason that my exam finished at 6 o'clock, when it actually finished at 5!!! I kept looking at my watch and telling myself... 'ok! You got tons of time left, don't panic!!' Boy did I panic when the prof said there was only 15 minutes left to the exam when I thought I had 1h15 left!!

Prin
December 12th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I have another exam the 22nd, so I'm pretending I'm on vacation till then. It's hard to get in the spirit when you finish the 22nd...

I always finish my exams as quickly as I can so I get get out (I don't like being stuck) so I've never been at risk of running out of time...:)