December 7th, 2005, 09:11 AM
I know it sounds odd but has anyone experienced a dog who is impossible to handle after having peanut butter? My sister gave her dog peanut butter in her kong for an entire week and it was like she had a different dog! She chewed, was agressive and their dog walker almost quit becasue the dog was impossible to handle. My sister changed to cheeze whiz and it was an almost immediate change in behaviour. Her dog is calmer and easy to handle now.
Has anyone experienced this?
December 7th, 2005, 09:14 AM
could be an allergy
December 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM
or just an overload of sugar, either way hopefully she's ok now!
December 7th, 2005, 11:12 AM
I agree and I'd stay away from peanut butter...
December 7th, 2005, 11:26 AM
some dogs get aggressive/ possessive when they have access to a "high-value item", in this case sounds like peanut-butter. easy enough problem to solve... don't give PB :pawprint:
December 7th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I had assumed by the post that this behaviour appeared after she had the peanut butter not while she had it, please verify.
December 7th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Either way, it could still be an allergy making the doggy act weird.;)
December 8th, 2005, 12:13 PM
The only time we've ever given Sadie peanut butter she became violently ill the next day. So yeah, it's not a great choice for all dogs.