Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Does your pet stand, sit or lay down when they eat

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 6th, 2005, 11:39 PM
This may sound like a silly question, and well it probably is, but I am just curious.
Do your pets stand, sit or lay down when they eat.
Joey lays down when he eats. I have never seen a dog do this before so I am just wondering what anyones elses dogs or cats do.

Prin
December 6th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Boo lies down naturally. He's the first doggy I've seen do that. Jemma stands but if we pass by, she'll lie down too. We prefer her lying down because she slows down a bit.

cpietra16
December 7th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Winnie stands when she eats her food and lays down when she sneaks around to get the cats food.

Lissa
December 7th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Dodger stands when I given him his food in a bowl but I mostly give it to him in his treat ball so he usually has no choice in the matter ;) !

jawert1
December 7th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Simon and Peach both stand :)

StaceyB
December 7th, 2005, 09:12 AM
All of mine stand.

Rottielover
December 7th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Stand, do not even have a chnce to blink before it is all gone:D That is my little piggie:thumbs up

Roxy's_MA
December 7th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Mine stands. Her food is raised off the floor, she wouldn't even reach it if she layed down.

Puppyluv
December 7th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Layla stands when she eats, but if it's a treat then she'll run off and lie down to eat it. Especially if it's something tough like brocoli stems.

maddoxies
December 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Funny enough both my guys alternate between standing and sitting - including my handicapped girl. YES!!! Heidi does try to stand to eat :thumbs up

Valentin sits if he is alone in the kitchen to eat (and feeling lazy). If Heidi is around then he stands (better to defend his bowl - or sneak over to her's)

gdamadg
December 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM
If Sprint is really hungry, he just stands and inhales it. But most of the time, only if I am in the room with him, or tell him it's ok to go eat. Must be something from a previous owner. Then there is the odd time, he picks at it. He will grab a mouthfull and go lay on his bed or one of the carpets and eat the kibble one piece at a time. Then go back to get another mouthfull and it starts all over.

heather331
December 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM
thats exactly what dakota does. she gets a mouth full then goes and lays down and puts it on the floor in front of her and eats it one piece at a time. then she goes back for more and does the same thing again.

papillonmama
December 7th, 2005, 02:00 PM
The cats lie down to eat, but Dory will throw a piece kibble up into the air and when it falls on the ground she races over to eat it, this is her private game, she doesn't like us to watch her eat her dry food, (she thinks there will be less chance of her getting human food ~ even though she only gets human food at grandma's house). Trigger always stands.

Jackie467
December 7th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Candi does a little of each. Sometimes she'll stand, most times she will sit, and sometimes she will lay down. Sometimes she even takes a mouth full from the bowl run off somewhere else drop the peices and lay down or stand and eat them from there. She's a bit weird, just like her mama.