Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What is this black stuff in and around my cat's nose?

Jackaby
December 6th, 2005, 08:43 PM
My 6 month old tabby seems to have a black crust in and around his nose. He's had it ever since we adopted him @ 4 months. I can pick it off and it doesn't seem to bother him. Does anyone know what this could be??

:pawprint: Thanks.

heather331
December 6th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure what this stuff is but one of my cats gets it too. She also gets it around her eyes. I think its like booger crust (sorry if that sounds gross). I have to clean it out every couple of days for her. It doesnt bother her but she doesnt really like me doing it. My other cat gets eye boogers but they are slimy and white and then the other cat gets the crusty black things in her eyes and nose. I dont think its anything to worry about. Does your cat get it in his/her eyes too?

monman
December 7th, 2005, 11:17 AM
My little buddies get the eye crust too. And one of them gets the black stuff in the nose (which she lets me clean out for her). Normal stuff for sleepyheads.

Jackaby
December 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks for you replies...

My cat doesn't get the eye crusties, just the nose. It seems as though his nose gets dry as well and loses it's colour (pinkness) from time to time. If I notice anything serious I'll take him to the vet.

:thumbs up