Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our new addition...

ThaiGhing
December 5th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Hey everyone... Thai's mom here.... we have a new addition to our family... I would like everyone to meet Ruger... he is our 10 week old puppy.... I am curious as to what mix you all think he is?? I will let ya know when you get it right.. Smile

happycats
December 5th, 2005, 06:56 PM
It looks like he has LOTS of Beagle in him!! Very cute by the way!;)

ThaiGhing
December 5th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Here is another pic of Ruger

happycats
December 5th, 2005, 07:00 PM
okay, Springer spaniel / Beagle ??

dmc123
December 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
beagle/husky

Diane

Poe
December 6th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Ooh... cute pics AND a guessing game.

He probably doesn't have any beagle in him at all. It's a trick question, right?

But I'm going to guess beagle/boxer.

jiorji
December 6th, 2005, 12:58 AM
great dane/jack russell???
:eek:

Prin
December 6th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I was gonna say, he's got Jack legs, but they could be pitty legs too... Maybe dane/pitty?

jawert1
December 6th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Coonhound/Pointer?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 6th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Okay here goes I really have know idea but I am going to say Beagle, bernese mountain dog, and pointer.
Beagle because of the face, pointer because I think pointers are sometimes white and bernese mountain dog because of the brown, black and white coloring on the face.
Does the one who guesses right get prize. Like a nice trip pets included or a life time supply of pet food. :D

Rottielover
December 6th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I have no clue, but I would say some kind of hound

rivers
December 6th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Jack Russell/Rottie?! :eek:
Or Boston terrier/Beagle?

papillonmama
December 6th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Maybe a foxhound cross? I have no idea, sure is cute though.

ThaiGhing
December 6th, 2005, 03:55 PM
All good guesses but no one is right yet... he is adorable... and quite a handful.... but arent all puppies?? He is a mix of 4 dogs....anymore guesses before I do the BIG reveal??

chico2
December 6th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Here it goes,Cocker-Spaniel/Beagle/JRT/Pittie...:crazy:

happycats
December 6th, 2005, 04:21 PM
spaniel/ beagle/ Pit/ boxer :)

ThaiGhing
December 6th, 2005, 07:16 PM
This is our new addition with his littermate... this is when we picked up Ruger.... his brothers name is Baron.... Maybe his brother will help you with the mix.

happycats
December 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I think momma may have been messing around !! With more then one daddy!!:D
Shephard - beagle- spaniel - JRT ??

shannonRN
December 7th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Well, I was gonna say--a mix of 4 dogs? That must have been some date. But then I remembered this is a family site, and posted it anyway. :D

As far as which 4 breeds, I dunno, I'm crappy with the name the breed thing. The cute little brown squirt looks dane-ish, yours looks beagle-ish. I thought his legs were reminiscent of bassett. Who knows. I'll look forward to the reveal on this one.

mona_b
December 7th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Hmmmmmm.Beagle/Pitt/Rottie....Stumped on the fourth.LOL

Their tails aren't docked are they?

It's just that I can't see the tails.

chico2
December 7th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Mona,I was thinking the same,it looks like they are docked...ok ThaiGhing,that's it:D what are they??besides cute...

mona_b
December 7th, 2005, 07:26 AM
I'm hoping they are not......:)

Melinda
December 7th, 2005, 08:03 AM
seems to be a feathered GS tail...you can see the tip of it in the first two pics

beagle, boxer, pit, GS

mona_b
December 7th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I must be blind cause I don't see a tail.........LOL

ThaiGhing,can you get a full side view pic?....:D

chico2
December 7th, 2005, 08:09 AM
I see it in the first pic,where he is with Thai...

rivers
December 7th, 2005, 08:34 AM
This is too hard!

I say Lab/Boxer/Bulldog (?!) and Rottie, boy what a mix!

Rottielover
December 7th, 2005, 08:55 AM
def no rottie in that mix. But I am with the mom been messing around, They do not look at all alike

Lizzie
December 7th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I'm with Chico, it's time to unveil the breed. We've earned it!

CyberKitten
December 7th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I have no idea and I do not like to be put ion the spot - (just a quirk of mine, I envision saying to one of my residents - OK, what do you think this patient has and I'll only tell you if your're wrong.) I hate guessing unless it is something I can study for, lol (Can you tell I am having one of THESE days).

I really have a tough time determining what a dog is. I am better with cats. He does look like a springer spaniel to me- some springer anyway- and has beagle ears but they coiuld be ears from other breeds as well. I just don't really know. I wish I had not read other answers because that makes it harder, lol - you look for those feaures then. I'l go wioth part springer spaniel (or spaniel of some kind) and a little bit beagle.

ThaiGhing
December 7th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Here are 2 more pics of Ruger.. and I will post the answer in an hour or so.... good guessing game everyone... SMILE

ThaiGhing
December 7th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Last pic before the final reveal..LOL...

Roxy's_MA
December 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I think he looks like a lab border collie cross.....but I can't say the same for the littermate.

jiorji
December 7th, 2005, 06:32 PM
gosh ...waiting is torture.

for sure there's 4 breeds?? They could just be lieing to you lol

Mona_b...i think the tail is what gives away the breeds and it's hidden for that purpose. lol:cool:

ThaiGhing
December 7th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Ok here goes.... Ruger's dad is a bullmastiff/rotti mix... and Ruger's mom is a german shorthaired pointer/setter mix..... I have met both his parents.... and they are sooo sweet.... So now you know..... Ruger is a bunch of stuff all rolled up into one sweet package... loveable, gentle, friendly, and sooo sweet. Thanks for playing guess what mix I am....

mona_b
December 8th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Yayyyyyyy,I got the Rottie part right...........:D :p

Rottielover
December 8th, 2005, 07:03 AM
I def do not see any rottie, but the pointer is the dominant breed I guess.

mona_b
December 8th, 2005, 07:54 AM
The reason I said Rottie is I see a bit in Baron.......:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 9th, 2005, 06:07 PM
yeah I got the pointer part right :D