Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Layla's run in with a bicycle (Pics may be displeasing to some)

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 09:19 PM
So as some of you may have read in my other post, Layla got hit by a cyclist today. No bones were broken (thank god) but there was a mighty gash. Here are some post-op pics (I don't have any "before" pics as I was too busy freaking out)

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Another angle

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 09:22 PM
And one more

K9Friend
December 4th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Poor Layla...:(
Spoil her rotten with affection PuppyLuv!
That does look like a pretty serious gash!

Prin
December 4th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Poor Layla! I'm glad you managed to get her to the vet (if she gets hurt on any other day where I don't have to write a 7 page math paper- on the history of Pi YEY!- worth 45% of my final mark, then I'd be glad to help- seriously).

I have to say though, if you had just posted the first pic, I would have thought, "Poor Layla, cut her... uhh... isn't Layla a girl?!?"

I'm glad she's ok and I hope there isn't too much salt for her poor little feets.:grouphug:

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I have to say though, if you had just posted the first pic, I would have thought, "Poor Layla, cut her... uhh... isn't Layla a girl?!?"

LMAO... Thanks for that Prin, that was the first laugh I've had today.
Thanks again you guys so much for the support and compassion.:grouphug:

K9Friend
December 4th, 2005, 09:37 PM

lmao, I just got it now! DUH! :clown:

Prin
December 4th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Hey that's what I'm here for!:clown:

Sadie's Mom
December 4th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Poor Layla!!! How was the cyclist though? I'm so scared of them having a 9 lb dog and all!

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 09:54 PM
The cyclist was shaken, but said he wasn't injured or anything. He seemed to just want to get out of there as fast as possible.

mesaana
December 5th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Glad to know she's ok. Give her plenty of hugs!

Lyne

cpietra16
December 5th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Weren't you suppose to be flying with Layla over the Christmas holidays? WIll she be ok to fly?

Puppyluv
December 5th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Cpietra- Yes, that was one of the many things I asked the vet. He said she would be fine to fly, she actually gets her stitches out the day before she flies, so she'll be all healed, but he said she could fly within 2 days of the surgery.

Roxy's_MA
December 5th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Poor Layla, I hope she is doing ok.

maddoxies
December 5th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear that Layla is going to be ok.

I sent you a pm with my cell phone number. Call me if you need transportation help again with her.

jawert1
December 5th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Loads of hugs for you and Layla, may she be back up and moving in no time :grouphug:

Prin
December 5th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Lucky says you have to give Layla some sympathy Merrick canned food...:D Right Lucky?:clown:

Puppyluv
December 5th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Thanks so much everyone:love:
Prin, does Merricks make a "christmas dinner" like their thanksgiving turkey one? A friend came by with doggy "gingerbread" men today for Layla. she was in absolute heaven:love:

Prin
December 5th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I think the venison holiday stew is supposed to be for Christmas, but aren't Thanksgiving and Christmas the same meal?:D Venison Holiday Stew (http://www.merrickpetcare.com/store/detail.php?c=15&s=20156)

Copper'sMom
December 6th, 2005, 08:05 AM
OMG!! Poor Layla!!!:grouphug: Hope she feels better soon!!

Puppyluv
December 6th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Mmmm sounds yummy Prin :)

I've been asked by a number of people who see Layla as to how being hit by a bike can result in such a localized wound. In case anyone on here is wondering as well, I thought I'd clarify. The wound is because when she got hit, the cyclist veered and slowed down (obviously.. he had just hit something...) and her leg got stuck between the spokes of the wheel. The bike kept moving, wheel kept turning, and Layla's leg was brought along with it. So the wound is not so much from being "hit" as from being sliced open by the bike spokes.

Prin
December 6th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Aww, poor Layla! I'll bet it's going to take her a while to like bikes again...