Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any dog driving services in montreal??

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Layla just got hit by a bike, and her foot got stuck in the wheel, and I think it's broken. I need to get her to the vet, but I don't have a car, my neighbours aren't home, and I don't know anyone with a car. I've called 8 cab companies already and they all say "NO DOGS ALLOWED" and they balk even more when they hear she has blood on her.
Does anyone know of any car services that drive dogs on a last minute basis in Montreal???

K9Friend
December 4th, 2005, 02:24 PM
What part of town are you in?
Can't a neighbour help?
Poor baby - I hope you get help soon! :(

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I live downtown, near parc lafontaine.
As per the neighbours, I've decided I live with *******s. Three of my neighbours have cars, one is out of town for the weekend, so I talked to the other two. One said, "I'm allergic to dogs" and the other said "it's a new car, I don't want it mucked up by some dirty dog":mad:
I think I may have found a ride, through a chain of friends, I managed to get a guy to agree to rent a car for me. (he's the only one old enough to) He's a little hesitant though, because "This is Montreal.... driving is dangerous..."
Yeah, gee thanks *******.
But :fingerscr I think I have him convinced, I should know in about 20 minutes.
I talked to the vet, they said to keep her calm, and still, and have her leg iced until I can get her to the vet. So right now she's lying in her kennel (that's where she wanted to go) chewing on a greenie, with a doggy-ice pack on her leg.
I'm so frustrated with people right now though:mad: I carried Layla home in my arms for 40 minutes, and only 2 people asked if she was ok: 1) the Owner of the dog who chased her infront of the bike and 2) one other dog owner at the park, who said he'd recognized me, and helped calm her down. (I should mention that there were at least 20 other dog owners in the park, so it's not like it was empty) Then on the streets, people just pointed and laughed saying "aww how cute, she's carrying her puppy!" Despite the fact that Layla's leg was pouring blood, and I was bawling my eyes out.:mad: :mad:

Lissa
December 4th, 2005, 02:54 PM
That's awful - I hope Layla's okay and that you find a ride soon! I wish I could help!!

I can't believe that people at the dog park didn't offer a ride - its so evil!

Please let us know how she is!!

SnowDancer
December 4th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I hope Layla will be okay. There should be a pet ambulance service in Montreal - there is one in Toronto - called Lyons. I haven't used them as yet, but thought I might need to for trip to Guelph a year ago. I drive but not so easy with a dog suffering greatly. I was going to suggest you ask your vet, but I guess they didn't recommend anyone - mine does refer Lyons.

BMDLuver
December 4th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Did you call the DMV to ask if they knew of a company? I know it's costly but I would think that they would know.. I hope she's ok, poor girl and poor you.. it must have been an awful shock.

chico2
December 4th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Puppyluv,that is just terrible,I cannot believe nobody at the park offered to drive you:evil: or your vet could have sent somebody on his staff for you,I just don't understand people..:sad:
Poor Layla and poor you,I hope by now she's all bandaged up and comfy at home.:grouphug: to you both!

Prin
December 4th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I hope you made it ok... I hope Layla is ok.:fingerscr

mesaana
December 4th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Puppyluv, are you still around? I'll drive you and Layla, if you still need it...

Lyne

K9Friend
December 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Keep us updated! :fingerscr

Prin
December 4th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Puppyluv, are you still around? I'll drive you and Layla, if you still need it...

Lyne
That's really fantastic of you mesaana.:grouphug:

Puppyluv
December 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks so much everyone, and thank you so so much to Lyne for the offer. We did get a ride, and she's in surgry right now. Her leg isn't broken, but the gouge in the back of her leg is really bad (about 3/4 an inch deep and 1/2 an inch wide). I go back to get her in about an hour.

BMDLuver
December 4th, 2005, 08:46 PM
oh poor sweetie. Must have been very painful for her. Give her a big hug from all of us. :grouphug:

chico2
December 5th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Puppyluv,I am glad nothing was broken and you did eventually get a ride.
I hope Layla will recover quickly,as I'm sure she will under your care:love:
This was one of those times where the Internet is frustrating,I wanted to jump through the monitor and give you and Layla a ride:p

Dog Dancer
December 5th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I sure hope Layla is doing okay. I worry so often about that type of thing. I guess it's a good reminder to all of us, even those who drive, that we probably should look this type of information up before we need them in an emergency. I think I'll do that right now myself and program the # into my cell phone. I always carry my cell when I walk the dogs in case we get into trouble (ie: attacked by another dog or something). Take care both of you.