Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

An odd story...

papillonmama
December 3rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Here's a strange story...
When the pit bull ban was first put into place, before it was even a law and it was okay for pitties to be off leash still,they were just discussing. I had this really frightening experience.
In the parkette behind my building on an early Sunday morning I took Trigs, (my hubby's pittie), to go to the bathroom, while in the park, dog sniffing as usual, me waiting patiently, this young guy comes walking by and starts yelling at me about the dog, screaming towards the main street that my dog was off leash and that he tried to bite him. Then, this jerk tries to call my dog to him, I can only assume to try to take him, he is a beautiful dog. Well thankfully my dog is very well trained, he just stood in his place watching him, when the guy tried to get him to come to him he came straight to me and sat down beside me, personally I think he wanted to protect me from this idiot. The man was totally irrate, he was screaming at the top of his lungs about how my dog had attacked him and to call the police.
I couldn't even go back up to my house for fear that then the guy would know where I lived. The whole thing scared me so much that I just couldn't take him out anymore, now it's the hubby's job.

Prin
December 4th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Freaky! That's really weird and scary.:( I used to get yelled at all the time by my neighbors, and the last few months we lived there, my man walked the doggies in the daytime... It really sucks to feel unsafe near your own home. I hope this guy was an accidental passerby and doesn't come back.:fingerscr

Saradog
December 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Hi, there, did you report this incident to breedharassment@rogers.com? All incidents of dog attacks - dog on dog, dog on human - should be reported to dogattacks@rogers.com and all incidents of harassment (starting to become regardless of breed as the mouthbreathers pick on everyone with a dog) should be reported to breedharassment@rogers.com. The data can then be aggregated and presented.
Please feel free to crosspost those addresses and their respective purposes.

Dukieboy
December 5th, 2005, 09:17 AM
What did this guy look like?

papillonmama
December 5th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Hi Saradog, I guess before I send the story to the address, I would like to know who it's going to. Is it an advocates group, is there a website I could check out that's affiliated with the addy?

Hi Dukieboy, the guy was young, maybe 18 to 24, hard to tell around here, everyone tries their best to dress like a kid, he had dark brown to black hair, he was about five six, slim build even though he was swimming in his clothes. I kept trying to walk further and further away from him, so I didn't see him as well as I could have. Wish I had had the guts to stand up to him, ( I did yell at him to go away and to leave me alone, but that didn't get me a closer look either).

No worries Prin, I'm sure he has come back, but my hubby is a lot bigger than me and he doesn't need to yell to make himself heard.

I just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. If it has happened to someone else in Toronto area, what did you do? I have to admit, I really felt violated. Just hope that guy doesn't do that again to someone else.

Stinks to be too afraid to take your dog anywhere.

Copper'sMom
December 5th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I would have called the police to make a complaint. I don't care if I'm wasting their time or not - they are there to serve and PROTECT. This guy sounds looney! If you do take the dog out again, bring your cell phone(assuming you have one!). I would have been on mine so fast...........I'd intentionally stay near him while making the call and ask for assistance right away!

Dukieboy
December 5th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. If it has happened to someone else in Toronto area, what did you do? I have to admit, I really felt violated. Just hope that guy doesn't do that again to someone else.

Stinks to be too afraid to take your dog anywhere.

It happened to me, he didn't accuse Duke of biting him but he did call him vicious and he was extremely threatening. Mad jogger pumped up on testosterone/dopamine? I was down in the Don walkway/bike path. Haven't been back since. Had a profound and lasting effect.