Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My boy Nicky

Natasha Hartman
December 3rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
My name is Natasha Hartman, and this is my first time on this forum. I must say I've read some wonderful animal stories here;) :<:) :pawprint
I have one of my own.It's the sad story(but with a happy ending!) of my German Shepherd Nicky.

I was doing some volunteer work in a Dog Store.I would walk and clean the cages of the adult dogs in the back. They were for sale, but no customers were allowed in the back(for obvious reasons). These poor animals WERE FILTHY!! Covered in fecal matter and urine. I gave each dog a good bath and little by little, their living conditions improved. Cages were disinfected and cleaned twice daily(a major improvement though not perfection) and the sores on each dog were adequately treated. Some even found homes!!!!!(We could SHOW them now!!!!)

One day, I walked into work to find a new addition to our collection of Adult "trained" German Shepherds. He was a very small male curled up in a ball trembling and quietly wimpering. His owner "didn't like him anymore " so after 3 years, she dropped him off and left with a new one! (a schnauzer). He was visibly very distraught about being in a cage in an unknown place. I later found out this was Nick's 4rtrh owner and he was too old to be sold and was taking up "cage space" for NOTHING and was going to be killed in 2 weeks.

During those 2 weeks, I took extremely good care of this "death row inmate". HE WAS INNOCENT. His only crime was being 8 yrs old. I adopted Nick 4ever on october 12 2004 at 5:00pm!!!!:love: :love: :love:

Nick then had the toughest break a dog can have! He was hit by a car!!!! Poor animal! Just as he had finaly found a mommy who truely LOVED him, he was going to die.

I wasn't going to let that happen. WE went to 4 vets before one agreed to take our mangled Nicky in. His front leg was almost totally torn out and he was in shock.

It cost 4500.00$ to save his life but my parents pitched in and now we have a beautiful HEALTHY TRipod(3 legged) German sheppie. It took him a year to get over this completely but I'm proud to say he is a rolling, happy RUNNING GSD"!!!!!!!! Stil sleeps in my bed(during his heaing period I slept in his bed as he couldn't get on mine!!!!)Still chases cats and squirrls, and enjoys life in general. I make the best of EVERY moment with hinm as I almost ost him 4 ever. I think I have a great BEST FRIEND. I don't even NOTICE he has a missing paw! To me he is as gorgeous as ever. Can someone tell me how I could put his picture up????

Thanx, Nat&Nicky

chico2
December 3rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Nat,that's a great story,thank's for giving your all to Nicky:love:
I am sure we all ove to see a picture.
When you write a post,scroll down and you'll see"manage attachments",click on it and you'll find different options from where to post a picture.
The picture cannot be larger than 100kb

PetFriendly
December 4th, 2005, 07:59 PM
We'd love to see him!

If the picture is too big, file size wise, try ataching it to an Outlook email, that will auto shrink the file size down. Alternatively, I'd be willing to post it for you, pm me if you need to and we'll set it up.

Natasha Hartman
December 4th, 2005, 10:24 PM
:sorry: tried doing as you suggested but it didn't shrink!! It's a 250 picture and the only one I have since my computer guy ERASED the 245 others "accidently". Some where he had all 4s and can't ever be replaced. Now I can't get my photo program to work and only have the one picture my Dad e-mailed me out his camera!!!! When I wanted to pm you, I was told that I couldn't access that page !! So now what are my options to get my baby's picture up?

:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

Prin
December 5th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Do you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager? You can edit photos (compress them, brighten them up, etc) with that (I usually save them as something else before I start messing with them though).

PetFriendly
December 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Try the PM again. I just sent you one you should be able to reply to... Maybe your outlook isn't configured like mine (and I have no idea how or when I chose that option so I can't help there...)