December 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
We noticed a week ago that our puppy was limping very slightly. It went away. Then one of the kids noticed him falling when running. We live in the country and thought he may have misplaced his footing. Lots of rocks hills and such. We thought that he just sliped at first but today he fell three times while running. He seems ok other wise is not limping. very frisky. Seems very normal. Could it be hip displacia or something more serious?
December 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Anytime you have a lack of coordination/balance, regardless of no limp, there's an underlying condition that needs to be addressed by a vet before further more serious injuries can occur. Unfortunately none of us are vets, so you're best off taking him to your regular one as soon as you can and let us know what they find :)
December 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Whatever it is, you might think about getting insurance before going for tests... Once the tests are done, you won't be able to get insurance anymore.;)
December 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
please take your little one to the vet asap,my nicky was doing a nose dive not often but enough .we took her right away to the vet she had a fatty tumor in her brian and lost a eye.
December 2nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
You are right about the insurance, Prin, but there is a 30 day wait period with most plans after sign-up. I don't think this pup can wait that long.
December 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Oh, I didn't know that- this pup definitely can't wait that long!! I thought it would be a couple of hours (the only insurance I've ever gotten is house and car insurance and they're quick about it..)
December 2nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Prin, yep, with the plan I took out in Aug., acciident coverage started within 5days, but illness 30 days. Pretty standard in industry. Although I didn't enroll my Eskie until he was 16 months due to hip dysplasia exclusion and my paranoia over dogs not being able to walk - my Dachshund experience - I was paranoid for the next 30 days. Lived without it for 13 months, but was signed up, you count the days.
December 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
Same here, Peaches plan kicked in 10 business days after I'd gotten confirmation, and Simon is uninsurable as of yet due to his ongoing bladder/kidney issues. Hopefully Thornhill won't wait and we'll know soon enough how their pup made out at the vet :) :pawprint: