Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another new dog and a new house!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 10:04 PM
So we have yet another new and wonderful addition! This is Dudley (Chris says he looks like Dudley Moore, lol) He is an AMAZING little boxer boy that we pulled from a disgusting pound last week. The poor guy was only 36lbs and in 5 days he gained 7lbs!!!!! He's around 8-9yrs young, had fleas, and was a mess in general. He was very out of sorts and kind of still is. He didn't wag his tail, play with toys or give kisses but we are working on that and he gets better everyday. He was supposed to be a foster but this guy has been through too much and we love him too much already to let him go anywhere.
http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/8733.jpg
And on another happy note, we just bought a house!! It's official now! It has 2 acres of woods!!!
http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/8730.jpg

mesaana
December 1st, 2005, 10:07 PM
Congrats on the new addition, Crystal!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks!! Both were quite unexpected, lol.

mesaana
December 1st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Don't forget to change your signature! ;) Dudley is a lucky boy!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 10:21 PM
Oh ya!!! I will do that right now :) hehehe thanks!

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 10:39 PM
ooo nice doggies and a nice house! Some girls have it all!:D

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks Prin, I'm super excited!
Some girls have it all!
Lol, ya except now I really don't have any room in the bed.

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 10:51 PM
:D Yeah, my next bed is going to be 2 queens stuck together...

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Or a California King- have you heard of that? I think it is bigger than a king size..I'd need a bigger house!

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 11:04 PM
How many bedrooms does your new house have? Bathrooms? Is there a basement? I see there's a fireplace- that room must be great with the big window to watch the snow fall with a fire on? (sorry for the 20 questions but we just got a house in the spring, so the q'ns are still fresh)

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, woodstove in basement, fireplace in living room...Ya the big window is awesome - I have some pics of the inside I can post. I'll go find them.

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 11:12 PM
oo woodstove! I'm almost jealous. We're the only ones on our street who don't have a wood stove... We have an electric one but that won't help in an ice storm..:o

Oh wait, you said a "wood stove in the basement"... Now I'm jealous. We don't have a basement. :o

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/8734-thumb.jpghttp://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/8735-thumb.jpghttp://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/8732-thumb.jpghttp://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/8731-thumb.jpg
Sorry that's probably overkill but I'm so frickin' excited. I'm sure you understand if you guys just got your first house!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 11:19 PM
oo woodstove
We're hoping it'll save us some $$ in heating!

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 11:22 PM
ooo it's so pretty! Wow! That's awesome! I love the floors.:) And the windows. And the trees.:)

BoxerRescueMTL
December 1st, 2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks! I love the trees sooooo much. It does need some work though - I didn't show you the ugly rooms, heehee. The kitchen and bathroom need a little lipstick and rouge ;) Bedtime for me! Night Prin!

BMDLuver
December 2nd, 2005, 07:32 AM
Aww Crystal, congrats on your new home.... it's beautiful. Congrats on Dudley too, he is one lucky fellow. You guys are just awesome in my books!

papillonmama
December 2nd, 2005, 07:37 AM
WTG on your early Christmas arrivals... Dudley looks very happy!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 2nd, 2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys :)
Oh Jenn you should've seen the poor little turd when I picked him up. Covered in brown dust - like you know the dust on shelves at the barn (I know you're a horse person too)? It was the weirdest thing. Just a layer of it on him, on his nose and face. My hands were shaking putting a collar on him and it took me a few tries, it was so upseting.

BMDLuver
December 2nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
awww poor guy, they must have started using sawdust to clean with... nothing surprises me at that place as they never see the light of day. I'm heading there this week I think, once I hear from Deb about who's on the kill list.( I"m assuming he was from the place over the bridge. ;) )

jessi76
December 2nd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Congratulations on the new home and the new addition!!! Dudley looks adorable!

K9Friend
December 2nd, 2005, 09:07 AM
Beautiful house. Congrats ! and thank you for saving that beautiful boy! :grouphug:

BoxerRescueMTL
December 2nd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks jessi76 :)

Ya Jenn, it's that place of course. Hopefully they will get what they deserve for Xmas ;)

BoxerRescueMTL
December 2nd, 2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks K9friend!

jawert1
December 2nd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Congrats on Dudley and the new house :) I bet he's LOVING having that couch to just veg on and new playmates too! :)

meb999
December 2nd, 2005, 12:50 PM
WOOOHOOO!! I was wondering when you were going to post about the AMAZING little Dudley. I'm so totally in love with that little huney -- he's SOOOO afectionate, even after everything he's been through!
Congrats again, and you're so amazing to have taken this little guy in - fleas and all!!
I :love: Dudley -- and Vegas, and Olive (don't want to make anyone jealous!!)

meb999
December 2nd, 2005, 12:51 PM
Ps : Need More Pics!!!

Roxy's_MA
December 2nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Congratulations!! How awsome for you!! The dog and the house are beautiful, and I'm sure the doggies will love the 2 acres to play around on.

BoxerRescueMTL
December 2nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Thanks!!!!
Ps : Need More Pics!!!
Hahaha, I know, I'm so lame - I keep circulating that same pic of Dudley. You can't even see his cute little face in it. I promise I'll get more soon!

SnowDancer
December 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Congratulations and you are wonderful for rescuing this poor pup. I can imagine the condition Dudley was in. The groomer where my Eskie goes for socialization has Boxers (her newest pup is in love with my dog) - and at 5 months was about Dudley's weight when you found him so for a dog of his years, not good. My guy's g/f is now about 45 pounds to his dismay - he weighs 22 lbs. and everyone gets big except him. I also want to see Dudley's face. I had a "dream" maybe more of a nightmare, that my Eskie and the Boxer had pups (not possible - my guy was already fixed) - Eskie body with Boxer face. Yikes. My guy just loves Boxers - except has come to realization that the ones he sees on the street are not part of his "control" group. One even covers her eyes in anticipation of an Eskie hug. Don't blame her.

shannonRN
December 2nd, 2005, 04:37 PM
Wow, congratulations on both counts! You know, your first home is never perfect, but once you adjust financially to all the new expenses, eventually you get to fixing all the things you don't like. We've been here 4 years and have done some smaller projects, but we're starting on the big stuff in the spring. And you know, I'm STILL excited to come home to OUR home.

Dudley--wow, another cool older dog! You're all so lucky!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 2nd, 2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks! It's definitely not perfect but as soon as we walked in we were both in love. We could both see ourselves living there for a very long time and slowly fixing it up to our taste. I can't wait to get in there!!! Oh and guess what? We have a tractor to cut the lawn - the kind that you ride on!!

poodletalk
December 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Your new home looks great! Your dogs will love running in the woods!!! Is your house still in the SouthShore?

BoxerRescueMTL
December 2nd, 2005, 05:27 PM
Your new home looks great! Your dogs will love running in the woods!!! Is your house still in the SouthShore?
Thx! Nope, we'll be near Hudson.

poodletalk
December 2nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
I LOVE the Hudson area! :love: My husband and I looked at a house out there. We love the area, but he thinks it's too far to drive to the office everyday! My cousin and her husband live in Hudson as well! We are still trying to convince him the drive won't be that bad!:)

BoxerRescueMTL
December 2nd, 2005, 06:28 PM
We love it too! We've been obsessed with moving there the past year and a bit, but we found it was far from our friends so we decided to hold off until we were sure. Then we saw this house and fell in love so now we're moving sooner than planned. We work from home though so that saves us a lot of driving!