Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sheltie Still Missing

Sheltielover
December 1st, 2005, 02:30 PM
Hi, I thought I'd repost to let everyone know we are still missing our "Abbey". She was lost at the breeders home in Foxboro Ontario (just north of Belleville)on Oct 17,2005. her last reported sighting was on River rd in Foxboro. She is a sable and white,3 yr old female. Full white collar.Beautiful temperment and is missed more than words can say.....If anyone has any info about her,I would appreciate if you could let us know. there is a reward for her safe return.....Please help us find "Abbey".

chico2
December 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
Awww Sheltielover,I am so sorry to hear that,she is a beautiful little dog.
I don't condone anyone finding her and keeping her,but in a way it is easier to think of her that way.
I love Shelties and I can imagine how you feel,but don't give up hope,you never know..:love:

K9Friend
December 1st, 2005, 06:48 PM
:fingerscr here's hoping Abbey comes home soon! :sad:

cpietra16
December 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM
I am guessing that every time there's a sighting, you post up poster? I can just imagine how it feels. I really hope you get a good lead soon. I'm no where close to where you lost your sheltie, but I can help with sending out posters thru the net...let me know. Please don't forget the supermarkets. Everyone has to eat and that's a great place to put up poster.

Kelvin's Mom
December 14th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know, for whatever it's worth, that I look online every single day, hoping to catch a glimpse of your Abby somewhere. I check all of the Humane Society websites in Ontario...I check about four lost pet forums and sites and I just pray that I'll see her sweet face on one of those sites.

I too have a Sheltie....he's an Islewind dog too....and every night that I'm out in the park with him, I get teary eyed thinking about your Abby.

I emailed Bonnie and told her about the information regarding the "found" sheltie posts that first circulated in November...I also emailed the person directly myself..but they said there wasn't a white blaze on their dog's face.

Please be sure to post any new information as you get it and know that I'm thinking about your baby.

Take care,

Crystal

Sheltielover
December 15th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Hi Crystal, Thank you I appreciate that very much. I look a couple of times a day as well, hoping to see her or someone thats spotted her. We miss her sooo much, she was my little shadow. Luckily I have her son here who reminds me so much of her. I think of her always and wonder where she got to. I just hope shes warm and someones taking care of her and we will stumble upon her eventually. I think in the New Year I will fax all the vets offices again, and let them all know shes still missing....Give Kelvin a pat for me,I'll send a pic of my Duke(Abbeys son) to you...Once again thanks for looking for Abbey thats very kind of you:love:

kimr
December 16th, 2005, 01:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear your dog is not back yet.
I had lost my cat in October so I remember your posting. I, fortunately got him back on November 1 after 4 weeks. When I lost my cat, my mom told people she worked with and they told people, etc. how devastated I was and somehow, someone ended getting my number and asking me to take her cat as her son was allergic. I didn't really want to after only 3 weeks missing because I only wanted my "Copper" back, but my parents said that if he returned that they would take the cat (they had a cat for 18yrs when I was growing up there so I know it would have a good home). Anyways, I decided to go to the lady's house and took one look at the cat and had to have her!! She's 1 yr old and a Grey Persian (Copper's an Orange Persain--so lots of hair!!) I still terribly missed my "Copper", but it slightly eased the pain of losing him. So when we got Copper back, we didn't want to give her up because she is beautiful and very good natured. So now we have 2 cats!! and thankfully they get along. Copper is almost 10yrs old and was a little put off by her at first but now they get a long well and I've caught him licking her head a few times!!
I definately know the pain of NOT KNOWING. I still would cry after 4 weeks and didn't know when I would get over it. Never mind having to sooth my 6 & 4 yr old daughters who missed him dearly.
Sorry to ramble on. I am just so grateful to have our buddy back and I really feel for you.
Kim

Toonces
December 16th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Hi Sheltielover,

I just wanted to let you know that we still look for Abbey everyday and her posters are still up in many places. All of the guys that work on the road crews in this area still look aswell.

I am so sorry that you don't have her home.:grouphug:

Sheltielover
December 18th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks Toonces and Kimr, Yes we miss her very,very much...The hard part is definitely not knowing. I try hard not to think to much about it, or I start to feel too bad. At this time of year, I am keeping very busy so this helps a little, but there is a huge empty spot that only she could fill. I still check all the online lost and founds at least one a day. Thank you Toonces for keeping your eyes open for her,its great to know people are still thinking and watching for her:grouphug:

cpietra16
January 18th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Oh Sheltielover, I did not want to highjack the other thread...how is your search going...any new leads...Have you checked all the ditches. I know know one wants to do this, but if she was hit by a car , the end may not be happy but then you will have some closure. I am still hoping that you will find her alive and well.

:fingerscr

Sheltielover
January 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
Hi cpietra16

No we never found her. No sightings anymore either. So either someone has her,or maybe she has died somewhere(I really hope not though!) I still check all the on line lost and founds everyday. I think I may refax all the vets offices again,in the early spring. I will never give up looking for her incase she still is out there to be found. I really miss her! Thanks for asking about her.

cpietra16
January 23rd, 2006, 04:07 PM
There is no harm in keeping the shelters informed of her loss...I email all the shelters across Canada atleast every 4 months. You never know. I wish you all the luck and please keep us updated.

chico2
January 23rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Sheltielover,Every time I see a new post from you I am hoping for good news,but again she's still missing:sad:
I am assuming if someone found her dead,they would report it to someone.
I'ts probably more likely some person found her and kept her,she is such a beautiful little dog.
A friend of mine found a little Chizu(sp?)and kept her,she was dirty,skinny,dehydrated,with frostbites on her ears.
She did a halfhearted attempt trying to find the owners,but nobody had reported her missing,so after 100's of $$$$ in vet-fees,she kept her.
In your case it's different,you've never given up hope of finding your beautiful little dog and I know,I would not either,it must be absolutely heartbreaking:sad:

Luba
January 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I"m so sorry you haven't found your doggie yet!

Incase you are interested:

RAY - ID#A095996

I am a neutered male, white and tricolor Shetland Sheepdog.

The shelter thinks I am about 10 years old.

I have been at the shelter since Dec 30, 2005.
This information is 1 hour old.
Back To List For more information about this animal, visit:
Toronto Humane Society
Ask for information about animal ID number: A095996

doggy lover
January 24th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Sorry to hear that your beautiful dog is still missing. I can't emagine what you are going through, my thoughts are with you and Tucker and I will keep our :fingerscr :pawprint: crossed for you.

Missing Sheltie
March 21st, 2006, 08:17 PM
Hi,

Have you had any luck finding Abbey? Have you had any leads or anything? What are you doing to try to find her? I'm at a loss for what to do to find Griffey. I've attended three horse auctions trying to spread the word since someone claims to have seen my dog with a woman at a horse auction on Jan. 1. But I've talked to so many people who were there that day, and nobody remembered seeing a sheltie. So frustrating! I still miss Griffey so much, and I can't stop thinking about him. Do you think you'll get another sheltie anytime soon? I'm thinking about getting another one just because I can't stand not having a dog. Plus, my mom thinks that as soon as I get another sheltie, I'll find Griffey. Kind of like that other person who posted about Copper. I don't know if it'll really work that way, would be nice, but I wouldn't mind having two dogs if it did work that way. Well, I check petfinder a couple times a week, and I keep an eye out for Abbey. That was actually the reason I checked your posting again because I saw a sheltie that I thought looked like Abbey, but after seeing Abbey's picture again, I'm pretty sure it's not her. The markings on the face are different, and plus the dog is in Kansas. Even though it's possible that our dogs could be far away, chances are that they aren't. Well, I wish you the best of luck, and if it's any comfort, I know what you're going through! Take care.

cpietra16
April 18th, 2006, 07:49 PM
FOUND BORDER COLLIE 15 Apr 06 GUELPH
Locale: University of Guelph
Markings: black and white
Additional: older, senior, has tags. is now at the Guelph Humane Society

I'm not sure how far Guelph is; is it worth a shot??:fingerscr

Mahealani770
June 1st, 2006, 09:50 AM
Has Abbey been found yet? I hope she comes home soon!

Sheltielover
June 17th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Hi Mahealani770,

Sadly, we never found our Abbey. I do search for her everytime I am on the computer in hopes to see something. I still check the Lost and Founds and the OSPCAs. Its been 8 mths now,but I will never give up hope. She will always be welcomed back months/years down the road,if she is ever found.
Thanks for your concern.

We have however added a new addition to our ever growing family,her name is Meadow. She is a 14 week old Tri colour Sheltie, and she is as sweet as they come. We are hoping to show her when shes older. I have attached a pic of her for you.

chico2
June 17th, 2006, 11:03 AM
She is a beautiful little girl:love: I am glad you can find some comfort in another pup,Abbey wherever she is approves,I am sure.
I am so sorry for Abbey and you,I think we can only hope someone took her in and loves her.Not what I want for you,but it's easier to think of Abbey that way.

Mahealani770
June 20th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Awww...Sheltielover, I am so sorry to hear that Abbey hasn't returned yet, but I still have hope. Thank you so much for putting up a pic of your sweet Meadow, for me. That was very thoughtful of you. Never give up on Abbey and keep her in your prayers that she's happy somewhere. I'll be thinking of you, Abbey and Meadow. I'm sure your new addition will bring you many years of joy.
Mahealani

Kelvin's Mom
July 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Hey guys,

Just in case...I thought I'd post this....I know it's a stray that was found in the States....but you never know....here's the link to go and see this female sheltie that was picked up....the facial markings are similar, but I don't think the white collar is the same....but in case it just looks different due to lots of guard hair growth covering up the white...I thought I'd post it. I still look for your Abbey....several times a week.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6625938

Congrats on your new addition...what a cutie pie!

Take care,

Crystal & Kelvin

cpietra16
July 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM
WOW...what a close resemblance...I think sheltielover's has more white??I think. It would be great if it was her baby:fingerscr

Prin
July 14th, 2006, 04:50 PM
It does look similar! I agree that the white is a bit off, but when you look at the pic of the petfinder doggy's right side, there's more white...:fingerscr

Sheltielover
July 17th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Hello Everone.....Thank you so much for advising me of this found Sheltie..Unfortunately its not my Abbey:sad: but I really appreciate you all still remembering me and my search for Abbey. I still follow up on every lead, no matter where it is.....I know chances are low that I will ever find her now, but the small hope remains, and I will always keep looking.....Once again...Thank you:grouphug: