Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tic bites become bumps?

sbryer
December 1st, 2005, 10:04 AM
Recently I found some tics on my dog and removed them but they seemed to leave behind a hard bump smaller than a pea where I had removed them. One of the spots is still there from about a month ago and doesn't seem to bother my dog but also doesn't seem to be going away.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice?

Thanks...

jawert1
December 1st, 2005, 10:14 AM
Yep, Simon has one from a tick bite last summer, when I asked the vet, she said it was fine as long as he wasn't bothering with it (he's also had his lyme vaccinations). Just make sure his Lyme is up to date and you don't really need to worry unless it get's crusty or weepy.

jessi76
December 1st, 2005, 10:16 AM
Personally, I'd have a vet check it out. When you removed the ticks, did you get ALL of them? could be the head stuck in. or could be a small infection from the bite. since it's been about a month, and they haven't gone away, I'd have the vet take a peek.

sbryer
December 1st, 2005, 12:15 PM
I made sure that I got the whole thing - little buggers were still alive when I pulled them out so I mushed and flushed them! The bumps aren't weeping or crusty at all so I'll keep an eye on them and make sure they aren't bothering him. So far, so good.

Thanks!