Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A hopeful for us

Rottielover
November 30th, 2005, 02:34 PM
This is Sandy, hopefully my daughter and I can get out to meet him. He is in a foster home with other cats. 14 months old, male neutered, VERY afectionate said the woman. So here he is. I have to call the woman back to see what we can do, and if he is ok with my daughter

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 03:03 PM
He looks sweet. I think he needs a new name though... Sandy? For a boy?

Rottielover
November 30th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I have not thought of a name yet, we are going to meet him on the weekend. What do you reccomend for a cat that color and is very affectionate

Roxy's_MA
November 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
He is a very nice looking boy. The name that comes to my mind for this kitty is Oscar.

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Garfield? :D very original...
My friend has an orange maine coon named Miles...
Yes, I suck at naming.. That's why Boo named himself.

cpietra16
November 30th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I usually like to have the cat for awhile before I give him/her a name. You have a better idea of their character. Ofcourse you have Harley already so ... how about Davidson!

joeysmama
November 30th, 2005, 11:20 PM
My sister in law had a cat that looked a lot like this one and his name was Meow Meow. She also had one named Missy, long haired, orange and black, and a white one who slithered around and was quite the diva. Her name was Marilyn (Monroe).

But I always loved the name Meow Meow. My cat's name was Cina (Seena). My mother in law gave her to me when she showed up on their back porch and they didn't want a fourth cat. She named her Thomasina. And I always just called her Cina.

mona_b
December 1st, 2005, 12:02 AM
What a handsome boy.

And I actually don't mind that name....:)

Sandy? For a boy?

I have a Sandy at work..and he's a he....:D

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 12:52 AM
I have a Sandy at work..and he's a he.... I have a sandy at the beach, but I never get to go there.:D :o

mona_b
December 1st, 2005, 06:52 AM
LMFAO

Smart A$$........:p

happycats
December 1st, 2005, 07:09 AM
He looks allot like a cat that showed up at my house!! we called him "Caesar", But I like "Morris" the 9 lives cat, or "OJ" too :)

Rottielover
December 1st, 2005, 08:19 AM
I will be seeing him and another one... Tigger, he is a 1 1/2 yr old male. I want to see which one is more comfortable with my daughter, they are at the same foster home.

chico2
December 1st, 2005, 08:24 AM
Rottielover,they are both beautiful(aren't they all!)why chose between the 2?
2 cats are always better than one:thumbs up
Also,how are you going to decide if a cat is good with your daughter?
My cats,as sweet as they are,will go in to hiding,if anyone shorter than 5 feet approaches:D

Rottielover
December 5th, 2005, 03:47 PM
My daughter was placed in her kitchen. Wanted to see which cat approached her, the watched the interaction. Needless to say Tigger picked her

LM1313
December 5th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Is your daughter young and living with you or older and on her own? Just wondering if Tigger is going to be a housemate with Sandy. :D If so, maybe he won't be so clingy at night; they can play together instead. My kittens LOVE chasing each other around at night (and in the morning . . . and afternoon . . . ;) )

Lovely cats, both of them!

~LM~

Rottielover
December 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM
my daughter is very young, only 20 months. Sandy was too withdrawn, and nervouus, he could never handle a rottweiler and a toddler.