Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Arcade problem?

papillonmama
November 30th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I was able to use the arcade page before, but now when I try to go to the page I get this message

papillonmama, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

When I try to see if I have to adjust some sort of arcade option in my user options, the screen goes blank.

Thanks

mom of rotties
November 30th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I too have the same problem. Wonder whats up. I could use it before the update.

Lizzie
November 30th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Same. I was there this morning to check it out. I tried to play a few games, but clearly did not know how---maybe they blocked me because I only scored a 1 and ranked 141 for the game I was trying:rolleyes:

happycats
November 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM
:eek: I can't get in either!!!! Yet I was playing earlier today:confused:

And they took away my Trophy!!:sad:

happycats
November 30th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Now all I have left is, this silly game!! :(
http://www.rit.edu/~smo4215/flash/Eggs.swf

marko
November 30th, 2005, 12:11 PM
As per the announcement the arcade has been temporarily disabled to troubleshoot some problems.

Sorry addicts:evil:

Marko

Roxy's_MA
November 30th, 2005, 12:12 PM
I can't use it either, It says I don't have sufficient user privileges. I have played the games before.:confused: :confused:

CyberKitten
November 30th, 2005, 12:28 PM
This is a test to let us know we need a 12 step program by some evil gremlins. :D

StaceyB
November 30th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Can't use it either, guess I'll go train some dogs.

happycats
November 30th, 2005, 04:13 PM
High score 120 (on the egg game) Can anyone beat it?? (since the arcade is still down, I thought we could play the egg game for now):D

Shamrock
November 30th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I dont know how you all do so well at those games! I must have poor hand-eye coordination or something.
I tried some of them...but was an embarassing washout.:D

Jazzmanian
November 30th, 2005, 04:31 PM
220 ! Second try :crazy:

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 07:30 PM
What egg game?

Oh, and I love how when you click on arcade, they have an option for temper tantrum people-
LOG OUT or Home? What do you want to do, eh? Eh, big baby? You want your games? Well, you can't have them!!! What are you going to do about it? :D

CyberKitten
November 30th, 2005, 07:48 PM
If youi are desperate, you can check your history (browser files) and find the swf files for the games and then copy the game to your hard drive. But it is not as fun as competing with others. Can anyone tell me how to play that hexawhateveritis? Amd what egg game? :D

happycats
November 30th, 2005, 07:49 PM
What egg game? Check out the above link!

Oh, and I love how when you click on arcade, they have an option for temper tantrum people-
LOG OUT or Home? What do you want to do, eh? Eh, big baby? You want your games? Well, you can't have them!!! What are you going to do about it? :D

temper tantrum people?? I didn't see that

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 07:56 PM
LOL no, it doesn't say temper tantrum people, it's just you have an option to leave pets.ca right away when you see the "you can't access the arcade" page... Sorry, I'm not funny tonight... Not enough sleep...

CK in hexxagon, you click one of your pieces and a grid lights up. You can move into any of the hexagons that is lit up. If you move one hexagon away, you get a new piece, but if you move more than one, that guy jumps and you stay the same number. If you end up beside the opponents pieces, you change them to yours. The idea is to have as many of yours at the end as possible.

StaceyB
November 30th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I can't seem to get past 36 on that game.

CyberKitten
November 30th, 2005, 10:07 PM
SWorry Prin, I don't get it - I followed your instructions (on the game I dled) and I am worse than ever, they have 27 to my 1!! They keep stealing mine - how do I steal theirs? What do you mean if I move next to them, when I do that, they get it... tyhis game just sucks and makes no sense!! (It might if I could figure it out, lol) Is there anywhere online with instrcutions? I'd love directions for some of the others too - and well, as for PacMan, I just don't do well at it, even thop I get the rules, lol

CyberKitten
November 30th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Why d they get to jump and why do they get higher scores when they do? I am so lost!!!! I need some more explicit directions, wahhhhh - I did get up to 21 but they got 28, sniff!!

CyberKitten
November 30th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I mean, why can't I fence them in like chess or checkers? Who designed this game anyway, lol

CyberKitten
November 30th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Hah, I finally won - 31-27 but I am not sure why - in fact, I am rather clueless as to why - I'll post the screen shot and maybe you can tell me why Prin?

papillonmama
November 30th, 2005, 11:04 PM
High score 120 (on the egg game) Can anyone beat it?? (since the arcade is still down, I thought we could play the egg game for now):D

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I got 270!:eek:

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Hah, I finally won - 31-27 but I am not sure why - in fact, I am rather clueless as to why - I'll post the screen shot and maybe you can tell me why Prin?
Well, there were 31 red thingies (yours) and 27 white thingies (theirs) and there were no more spaces left to fill. When you move to a hexagon directly touching the hexagon with the opponent's thingy in it, it changes to your color. But you can jump two spaces away, so if you get too close, they'll jump at you and change you. It's not an easy game, you know.:D

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 11:57 PM
I got 40!! Woooo!! What a stressful game! (I'm serious..:o )

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 12:06 AM
For those of you like me who find the egg game too challenging, this one that I already posted before is a lot easier and more relaxing...:D
http://www.casper.ru/temp/pingu/

CyberKitten
December 1st, 2005, 03:31 AM
Prin, I got the fact that I had more pitons (sp?) - what we say in French, lol- than they (it) did and also that it is not as easy as it looks part - it is the strategy I need to fgiure out. I mean, is it like chess[ are there goals that you can think 5 moves ahead?

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 01:27 PM
Sometimes... But I think it's more of a "if I move here, how many of me will he change?"

Jazzmanian
December 1st, 2005, 03:29 PM
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I got 270!:eek:

Tied you up at 270 :party:

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 03:34 PM
ooo I got 120. Getting better!:)

papillonmama
December 1st, 2005, 05:51 PM
I still can't get into the arcade, I'm begining to wonder if it was 'cause I beat Marko's high score in chopper challenge....;)

Serious though, is everyone still in the same boat or what?

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 10:23 PM
Same boat (and I haven't beaten Marko...) Who's steering this thing?

marko
December 4th, 2005, 01:28 PM
We are trying to resolve a possible conflict between the arcade and the board.

We should have some progress this week.

thanks for your patience,

Who beat my chooper highscore...?

NOW we DEFINITELY have to resolve the problem quickly.;)

marko
December 5th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Still checking on possible conflicts for some users.

But for now arcade is open!

Now WHO beat my chopper hi score again?

thanks

Marko

papillonmama
December 5th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Well, I was able to slip past your high score one time Marko.:sorry:
But just now my comp has a 'Arcade is turned off' sign, 'come back later'. S'alright, I'll come back later, will try brushing up on my flying techniques then!;) , lol!

Prin
December 5th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I think it's off till Marko perfects his flying...:D

bohemian
December 5th, 2005, 07:58 PM
it's open now....at least

happycats
December 5th, 2005, 08:38 PM
It's still not working right!! I just got 7880 on breakout and it didn't even acknowledge it:eek: