Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boxers Stolen?

poodletalk
November 30th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Within the past couple of days, I heard of three cases of boxers lost in the SouthShore. One boxer found in St.Basile, another lost in Mt.Bruno and Greenfield Park. Does anyone else find this wierd?

jessi76
November 30th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I find it weird that someone may be stealing boxers, and not briefs.

sorry. just a silly joke.
I honestly hope they are all found, safe & sound.

poodletalk
November 30th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Cute Joke!

Boxer (dogs) are not wonders. All three dogs that are lost, were all well taken care of and they are all lost basically at the same time in the same area.

I hope they will be found safe and sound

Lissa
November 30th, 2005, 01:36 PM
That does sound strange...I really hope they do get found!

Just the other day, I heard that people in Ottawa, have been taking dogs that are tied up outside of stores and tying them up somehwere else:confused: !!

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 03:06 PM
No, nobody wants briefs anymore...

I think it has to do with the number of boxers in the area. In Ahuntsic, it was all little white dogs, so whenever anybody was looking for a dog or a dog was lost, it was always a little white doggy. The yorkshires were the only ones to really get stolen there...

poodletalk
November 30th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I understand your point Prin, but I don't know if Boxers are your typical dog in the SouthShore. There's tons and tons of black labs though. It just seems strange that three boxers are reported lost in the southshore at the same time.

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Well, Christmas is coming... Maybe boxers are the "tickle me elmo" of 2005?

poodletalk
November 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I hope not!

maddoxies
November 30th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Were they netuered? Christmas is coming, you can make some fast cash selling unaltered dogs to the south shore testing labs.

poodletalk
November 30th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I don't know about all the dogs, but I know the boxer my friend found wondering around her house was.

meb999
November 30th, 2005, 06:40 PM
As a Montreal southshorian (???) I can tell you there aren't that many Boxer owners around here (actually, Crystal from BRQ is the only other Boxer owner I know -- this is more of a Lab and Golden Retriever neighborhood!!)
So whether or not this is a fluke...I'm keeping my little huney bunny close by (just another excuse to hug him all the time :-) )

BoxerRescueMTL
November 30th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Well, Christmas is coming... Maybe boxers are the "tickle me elmo" of 2005?

Prin are you trying to kill me over here?! ;)

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 08:28 PM
When you tickle them, they punch you in the face and when you're on the ground, they drop some frothy drool on your face.

BoxerRescueMTL
November 30th, 2005, 08:28 PM
you can make some fast cash selling unaltered dogs to the south shore testing labs.

I am hoping this is just a weird coincidence. Honestly, I don't think boxers are exactly a great choice for lab dogs...between their hyperactivity and size..But I never say never either. I will keep my eyes/ears open. If anyone hears anything please let me know.

BoxerRescueMTL
November 30th, 2005, 08:32 PM
When you tickle them, they punch you in the face and when you're on the ground, they drop some frothy drool on your face.

You really don't want a tickle me boxer! Baaaaaaad dogs those ones.

poodletalk
November 30th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I am hoping this is just a weird coincidence- I hope so too Crystal! I am NOT a boxer owner, but if I was a boxer owner living in the SouthShore, I would NOT let my dog out of sight for a minute! Not even alone in the backyard!! It's just too wierd three boxers went missing in the Southshore at the same time! Besides you Crystal, I only know of three other boxer owners on the SouthShore and two people on the island.

BoxerRescueMTL
November 30th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I will definitely keep my guys extra close!

kayla
November 30th, 2005, 10:03 PM

LMAO far too funny :D :D :D

(ahem, not trying to threadjack, back to topic at hand...:p )

meb999
December 1st, 2005, 12:05 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif

PEDPA
December 2nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
Imust have tickled one pretty hard then cause i got a bloody nose! I hope the dogs get returned... anyone heard an update?