Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hunting for doggie treasures!

puppy4ever
November 30th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Ideas for the best way to uncover poop after a snowfall? I'm kicking myself for not picking up before! BTW - how often do you pick up?

mafiaprincess
November 30th, 2005, 10:51 AM
No idea on the first one..

I was trying to poop and scoop daily.. but when it got cold I got lax. I'm hoping when we get snow back that the contrast is so great and it freezes out fast enough I can scoop easier..

But for the mushy poop still on the lawn cause the snow just melted.. I am trying to avoid walking on the lawn, and looking at the mess.. lol.

maddoxies
November 30th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Call the Poop Patrol in the spring.

Some cities have a service that will come in the spring and do doggie duty :thumbs up Kinda like Molly Maids for dog poop

There is one in Toronto, average price $50

Beetlecat
November 30th, 2005, 11:01 AM
wait til spring. lol.

My dog has a seperate potty area out of the way so I pick it up every two or three days. There is a dog that lives in the yard who I think gets it picked up everyday, but I still have stepped in it several times.

I don't think my neighbours have picked theirs up in two or three weeks. And thy have three dogs. That yard is disgusting.

Then the folks across the street have their dog potty outside of the yard, beside the sidewalk, and leave it all winter.

jessi76
November 30th, 2005, 11:12 AM
my dog just discovered snow for the first time, he loves playing in it, but HATES "going" in it. almost to the point where he won't "go" if it's touching his tooshy... so I shoveled a small patch for him to go in. that way I know where the poop is. I also have a pair of "yard boots". you know, those old, ugly, beat up boots you'd never wear out in public? those. I only wear them in the yard, so I don't care if I step in anything.

PetFriendly
November 30th, 2005, 11:39 AM
We pick up every other day. Charley uses a certain area of the yard, so we know where not to step. If they are calling for snow (or rain during the summer) I try to beat it and pick up before hand.

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 01:58 PM
We try to pick up every other load. Jemma goes twice sometimes because she gets distracted and Boo has to go in the same spot all the time, so we have no choice.

maddoxies
November 30th, 2005, 04:26 PM
This makes changing Heidi's diapers not such a bad thing ;)