Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pooping White

lisaeckman
September 25th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Does anybody know why my dog is pooping white. Her poop has some hair in it. This morning she also vomited hair. Do you think that she has a hairball that is stuck or something. Should I take her to the vet to get x-rayed. Can anybody help. Also she hasn't really been eating much lately. I'm real worried. Somebody please let me know what to do. Tomorrow i have an appt with the vet for my cat but i will also ask about my dog.

Carina
September 25th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Is it diarrhea, or normal poop? Sometimes eating bone will turn their poop white (or real pale) - maybe since there's also hair, your dog might have eaten a critter...is that possible?

Is her tummy sore when you press on it gently? She might have something stuck - your vet would be able to tell. Don't feed her kibble; boil some white rice and a little ground meat and feed her that instead. That works real well to settle a stomach and can help pass some obstructions.

lisaeckman
September 25th, 2003, 10:41 AM
thanks for responding. yes i have given her some steak bones lately. she's also been eating alot of pig ears. i don't know if that has anything to do with it. i made her some ground meat last night but i had to hand feed her some then after about 3 bites she kept turning her head. she didn't want to eat anymore. well i thank you for responding. i have an appt this morning with the vet. hopefully he can help. thanks

Lucky Rescue
September 25th, 2003, 10:53 AM
I hope the steak bones weren't cooked! Never give a dog cooked bones, they splinter very easily.