Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mcguinty defends Bill 132

seeker
November 29th, 2005, 07:42 PM
On a Hamilton radio station today he said it was probably the most popular thing his govenment has done . HOW SAD IS THAT ?

Please send letter to the papers and if someone can find a link to the story to verify it please do . Thanks

Loki
November 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=c7a12084-1c35-4f4a-af2b-8e6f69676478

McGuinty defends pit bull ban

Canadian Press
Published: Monday, November 28, 2005
Article tools

TORONTO -- On the day pit bull puppies become illegal under Ontario law, Premier Dalton McGuinty says the ban is a "matter of public safety."

McGuinty told Hamilton radio station CHML the ban on pit bulls is "good public policy" and necessary to keep Ontario residents safe.

The premier also says the province "consulted long and hard" on this issue, and it's one of the most popular actions his government has taken.

The first part of the ban, which came into effect at the end of August, requires all pit bulls to be leashed, muzzled and sterilized.

The second part of the ban has come into effect and means all pit bull puppies born from now on must be destroyed, given to a research facility, or shipped out of the province.

The government implemented the ban after a spate of vicious attacks by pit bulls on people and other dogs.

However, the law faces a constitutional challenge led by famed defence lawyer Clayton Ruby.
© Canadian Press 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------

seeker
November 29th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks Loki

Loki
November 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM
No problem.

Watchdog
December 1st, 2005, 09:34 PM
Consulted long and hard? What a load of crap!They refused to listen to the experts and forced the vote on it.The only consulting they did was to see if it would bring them votes from people who dont know a pitbull from a boxer.Instead of sending letters to politians who dont listen perhaps we should send some to their mothers and ask them why they didnt teach their kids to respect animals.

twodogsandacat
December 1st, 2005, 09:45 PM
Consulted. They have no idea what the term means and the more I hear McGuinty talk the more I’m convinced that he is nothing more than a moron. I sincerely believe the man is a moron. Am I clear here?

Can I use the word ‘consulted’ in a sentence?

Bryant said they consulted with many drug dealers and found most didn’t want to turn in their guns so he let them keep their guns.

In May a judge will 'consult' them. By that I mean the judge will ignore them.

babyrocky1
December 1st, 2005, 09:54 PM
Consulted. They have no idea what the term means and the more I hear McGuinty talk the more I’m convinced that he is nothing more than a moron. I sincerely believe the man is a moron. Am I clear here?

.UMMM gee Im not sure, do you actually think he is a moron? is that what you mean? YEP I think your pretty clear on that LOL And I soooo clearly agree, Dalton IS a moron and Bryant is a low-life, bottom feeding, scum sucking, weasley waste of skin, demon from hell! Ah I needed thatD

twodogsandacat
December 1st, 2005, 09:58 PM
UMMM gee Im not sure, do you actually think he is a moron? is that what you mean? YEP I think your pretty clear on that LOL And I soooo clearly agree, Dalton IS a moron and Bryant is a low-life, bottom feeding, scum sucking, weasley waste of skin, demon from hell! Ah that felt good:D

We are over the hump. Everyday has less days remaining for these turkeys than they have had in power. Private sector here they come. :thumbs up

I wonder if anybody will offer Bryant another teaching position.

babyrocky1
December 1st, 2005, 10:03 PM
We are over the hump. Everyday has less days remaining for these turkeys than they have had in power. Private sector here they come. :thumbs up

.So true, and that gives me more hope for the court case, by the time we WIN in May, and he tries to launch and appeal, which will take months, well it just might be a little to close to the election...and if he trys we can use it to take him out! LOL oh politically ofcourse ,tee hee hee!

Watchdog
December 1st, 2005, 10:33 PM
Its a good question.Is he really a moron? The same question is for Martin.When he was the minister of finance he had no idea where the $ went?So is his head down in the pigpen or up his rearend?Does Bryant really have no common sense or is this pitbull ban a way for him to get rich?Is his head down in the pigpen or up his rearend?Mcguinty?Is he really as simple as he sounds or does he play along for the sake of cheap politics?I believe its all just a cheap excuse for them to steal taxpayers money.They are not as stupid as they try to look like. PIGS[three different ones]

babyrocky1
December 2nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=

Bryant said they consulted with many drug dealers and found most didn’t want to turn in their guns so he let them keep their guns.

QUOTE]I know your being sarcastic here, but it reminded me of a point that my only political hero , P Kormos, made... the "gun amnesty" was for regualr folks who had legal guns, so why would they need an "amnesty" He ridiculed Bryant in the house for a while over that one, but why wouldn't they have an amnesty for the illegal guns?that may sound kind of out there, but the terrifieng reality is that there are probably kids that have acquired these things, and we know they are extremely easy to acquire, that really don't want them. What are they going to do with them? give them to a friend who does? I think a real "gun amnesty" might help. only slightly, maybe, but every gun of the street helps.

Roxy's_MA
December 2nd, 2005, 06:53 PM
Bryant said they consulted with many drug dealers and found most didnít want to turn in their guns so he let them keep their guns.

*sarcasm* Then he gave them a crack pipe, and sent them on their merry way.....as long as they didn't own a pitt bull otherwise they were fined and tossed in jail. *sarcasm*