Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello, new here

kuroguro
November 28th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Nice to be here among so many knowledgeable and animal-lovin' folks. we just got our first dog from a rescue in Toronto 2 months ago. his name is Kuro and he's 3 years old. my partner and i have fallen completely in love with him. not sure what his breeds are - a mix of the sweetest things, i think. if you have any ideas, i would love to hear them. he doesn't shed, has a single coat so i think there might be some poodle in him? this is also him with a hair cut b.c. his fur was all matted and dirty when he was picked up by animal control. he had been a stray for a bit. anyway, he is doing very well and feels quite at home now.

susieqt
November 28th, 2005, 11:32 PM
HI and welcome to the board!
Your little dog is extremely cute. I would think that he must have some poodle in him, what do you think? I'm sure he's glad that he has you to love him.:thumbs up

kuroguro
December 1st, 2005, 08:42 AM
thanks for the welcome, susieqt. yes, i think there must be some poodle. other guesses were: portuguese water dog, schnauzer.... who knows? i'll also have to wait until his hair grows back in. he'll look like a tibetan terrier then. ahhh...my man of many disguises. :)

papillonmama
December 1st, 2005, 09:12 AM
I saw a puppy like yours online, it was a shih tzu poodle mix. He's very sweet looking whatever he may be...

Aspenwood
December 11th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Hi!

I'm new on the post too. Your new dog is adorable, and looks very much like our toy poodle, Cassie. Maybe she's mixed with something like ****zu or
similar, but who cares? She's REALLY cute!!! Congrats to both of you!

Marse

chico2
December 11th, 2005, 08:19 AM
He is a lucky little sweetie for sure,thank's for adopting a rescue:thumbs up

kuroguro
December 11th, 2005, 05:23 PM
thanks for the welcome, everyone! i am learning a lot from these forums and am happy to be in such animal-loving company. i am pretty sure that Kuro is part poodle. I think he might also be part terrier too b/c he has that fan tail and boundless energy. At 26 pds, I guess he is at the large end of the small dogs or the small end of the medium ones! here is another photo of him. we look forward to meeting more of the two-legged and four-legged members.

SnowDancer
December 12th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Welcome - adorable pup. Hope those sneakers are still looking good! My Eskie would allow them 1 second of life.

Bushfire2000
December 12th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Kuro is the sweetest thing. How great of you to adopt him he looks to be very lucky..