Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Revolution -- side effects....

meb999
November 26th, 2005, 10:43 PM
I started a thread on thursday about Buster's excessive drooling. I think it might be because of the Revolution I gave him on Wednesday night (it's the first time I've ever given him that drug). I looked it up and apparently drooling can be one of the side effects of the drug. Has anyone experienced this before? How long does this last?
I'm getting a little worried about my little honey...But he's eating normal and pooping normal and acting like himself....He's just making a huge drooly mess :-)

xFire Angelx
November 27th, 2005, 06:40 PM
as far as i know and i could be wrong.... but generally they would drool if they licked it
so when you give it to your guy put it high on his neck so he cant try to lick it in any way
my cat weatherby licked it once and started foaming at the mouth we had to rush him to the vet because he had a hard time breathing... we were told if they lick too much of it it can cause serious problems such as seizures so be careful

meb999
November 27th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I put it between his shoulder blades (is that what they're called on dogs??), so I don't think he licked it...but thanks for the warning!

savannah
November 28th, 2005, 03:02 PM
My female can't take revolution. I was giving it to her last year, and a day or two after she got it, she would start acting funny. She would get really depressed, vomit, not eat, hide, and i would end up taking her to the vet each time. I stupidly did not notice the timing of her getting sick went along with the revolution med. Luckily, dh picked up on the timing, and she has not had it since. So this year, i am giving her the heartgaurd chewable, and she is doing much better. She hated revolution, and as soon as she saw it come out she would hide. With the heartgaurd, she actually likes it!
The revolution was the right dosage for her size, and i don't know why she reacted that way, but not everyone reacts the same way to meds, so i figure it is the same for dogs.