Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

curious cats

misslaydee510
November 25th, 2005, 11:58 PM
i always wondered WHY my 2 cats love to sleep and play in the bathroom. they ALWAYS go in wen i am in the bath or shower! Even when I use the toilet, they come in for me to pet them.

why do they do this?

chico2
November 26th, 2005, 08:47 AM
I too always have one cat with me in the bathroom:D I think they see an opportunity for some cuddletime,at least when you are using the loo and the bathroom-mat is great to roll around on.One of mine is a Velcro-cat:D (Rocky)follows me from room to room.
I like to think it's because he loves me,but it's probably more like he does not want to miss out on anything.
He even has "his"chair at the dinnertable and will lay there while we have dinner:D

Ker13
November 26th, 2005, 06:20 PM
My old budgie used to have his own plate too, with toast and salad dressing and everything. :) He'd still run over to ours and steal food off our plates though.

My older kitty Nibbler will always come in to visit you when you're on the loo. I think it's because you're sort of stuck there and can't do anything EXCEPT tickle her. Also, she loves being tickled by feet (we find this weird), and it's one of the few times your feet are available. She's also very good at doors and can usually get in, even when you don't want her to. Baby kitty Turdlet follows her around a lot, so yesterday my fiance was trying to pee and found he suddenly had an audience. I had to remove the kitties because he couldn't pee in "public"! :D

NannyShaw
January 1st, 2006, 11:33 PM
I have three cats, soon to be four....and I always have at least one of them in the bathroom with me. I have one, Cozmo, that likes to eat toilet paper...he will sit at my feet and meow until I let him have a nibble! LOL He is so funny....then there is Piper who likes to run along the tub while I'm in the shower. They will both sit and wait until I am out of the shower until they leave the bathroom....this is a daily event! LOL God I love my animals :love:

Beth :pawprint:

heather331
January 2nd, 2006, 05:11 AM
yeah one of my cats Luna does this too. any time i get up and walk near the bathroom she comes running behind me. she just rubs along my legs as i sit on the potty. she also just loves being in the bathroom period. she likes to lay in the sink and lick the faucet. she also sits on the edge of the tub while i shower (almost watching me :eek: ) waiting for me to get out. once i get out she jumps in and licks the bottom of the tub and the faucet. funny kitty!

mona_b
January 2nd, 2006, 08:23 AM
I wonder the same thing....LOL

My two love to be in there.When we take a shower or even a bath,my one,Casper has got to be there.And I am talking about being right in the water....He LOVES the water......:rolleyes:

If anyone of us closes the door,Winnie will scratch like crazy to get in.And Casper will be very vocal to get in.......Go figure.....LOL

cpietra16
January 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Nicki loves to look at the water go round and round when I flush. Never could figure that one:confused: I know rushing water is mesmerizing..I am waiting for the day when my child tells me that Nicki fell in....lol

mona_b
January 2nd, 2006, 09:17 AM
I am waiting for the day when my child tells me that Nicki fell in....lol

This is why I have to make sure the seatcover is down....LOL

Both of mine have fallen in.:rolleyes:

chico2
January 2nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
In talking about toilets....hmmmm:D Rocky exploring..

CJ05
January 2nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Same with our cat Lincoln. He loves to be in the bathroom whether I'm on the potty or in the shower. While in the shower he stares intently at it while sitting by the sink. We have to leave water in the sink because thats where our cats drink from. We don't have a water dish for the cats because they wouldn't use it.