Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sophie/Manx/MTL

Lucky Rescue
November 25th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Sophie is a lovely blue Manx girl, about 4 years old. Why she was abandoned is a mystery, since she is a sweet and gentle girl, who does the ol' roly-poly on her back and purrs when you pet her!
She is a little intimidated by other cats, but could probably go to a home with one other cat who is gentle as she is!
Sophie is spayed and healthy and has lots of love to give!

chico2
November 26th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Aww Lucky,I always look at these abandonned kitties with a heavy heart and curse the people who don't care.
Sophie is beautiful,they want so little out of life and don't take up much space,a soft hand,a lap to curl up in,a bowl of food...but give so much in return:love: Good Luck to Sophie:fingerscr

Rottielover
November 27th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Lucky, I am posibly looking for an older cat, male or female, I have a young daughter, and I do have a dog, but my dog loves cats. Can you help me out

Lucky Rescue
November 27th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Well, Sophie is a beautiful girl, but there is also "Grisou". He is about 1 year old, extremely sweet, beautiful and gentle and would be good with a child.

Please take a look at our site. If you see something you like, let me know and I'll find out if that cat is ok with dogs!:)

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/QC12.html

This is Grisou:

cpietra16
November 28th, 2005, 09:47 AM
I just want to say that Rottielover's dog, Harley, has been with all my cats including Tess who was a stray...and its been great. Harley is extremely gentle with them all. A real cat lover doggie.;)

chico2
November 28th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Lucky,you have soo many beautiful cats.
In my experience with cats,I believe a cat often times have a more difficult time adjusting to dogs,if they have never been around one.
I hope Rottielover will find one at Luckys:fingerscr

Rottielover
November 28th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Lucky, when is your next adoption day, I would love to meet monsieur. I saw that he is urgent. Why ??/ is everything ok. Would it be better to foster first with you to see if the cat adapts to the dog ???? What do you think.
I would like an orange tabby, but really does not matter, as long as they are out of kitten phase, because of my daughter.

Lucky Rescue
November 28th, 2005, 11:18 AM
We won't be having any adoption events in the near future. A few of the cats are "Urgent" because they are sad and miserable sitting in cages for the time being.:(

I"m sure Harley is great with cats. My dog is too, but new cats are scared of her at first. I cannot foster any of the cats on my site since I still have two fosters here right now...

I'll find out if Monsieur can be tested with dogs, but bear in mind even a cat who loves it's "own" dog may be frightened of a strange dog and introductions must usually be done gradually, although not always.

Rottielover
November 28th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I understand that there will be a training period, that goes without saying. Harley too will have to stay on leash for some time, just to make sure he does not want to play.

Lucky Rescue
November 28th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Oh! Someone else involved in rescue has an orange and white male who was dumped on the streets of Rigaud and is still outside. He is neutered and apparently very sweet and friendly.

If you want to pm me your name and telephone number, I can have this lady call you to discuss!!:)