Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lazy or just likes to relax

raingirl
November 25th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Do you think there is a difference between someone who is lazy and someone who just likes to take it easy?

I personally love to sleep late on weekends and just relax, watch tv, play video games and such. eventually shower and then maybe go out. My bf likes to go out at like 8 am saturday morning and do the shopping, laundry etc.

He thinks I'm lazy sometimes. I don't see it that way, as I just want time to not have to do things. He never relaxes...

what do you think?

papillonmama
November 25th, 2005, 09:00 PM
My hubby says the same thing about me, but all week I chase the kids, take care of the animals, keep the house clean, take everyone to their appointments, etc. It was at a point where he was saying that he would take the twins and the older girls take care of the animals clean the house top to bottom, aaand cook a dinner ready for five o'clock at night, just to prove how easy it is. This never happened, but I won't get into that...
Heck, even on the weekends I'm dead busy with them, my laziness is actually a lack of hours in the day and I dream of sleeping in on weekends, or any day really.
Come to think of it, it's my hubby who sleeps in on weekends.:rolleyes:

papillonmama
November 25th, 2005, 09:09 PM
oops, heh heh, oh yeah the real question,
personally I think there's a difference between lazy and relax. I just think everyone lives such busy lives and some people deal with it better than others, some people need to kick back and relax and some like to keep going and going and going.....

Rick C
November 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM
"Lazy" is an arbitrary term that isn't quantifiable by anyone but yourself . . . . . or the opinion someone else might have of you or vice versa.

Live your life and don't worry too much about what other people think about your after-work habits and tell your boyfriend to get stuffed or find one who likes to sleep in a bit.

When you're at work, obviously people higher than you on the pole get to determine, whether your like it or not, what the definition of "lazy" might be.

Otherwise, ignore the judgements of others.

Carol and I get up about 7 in the morning on Saturday's and Sunday's and even on vacation. And earlier on weekdays. I wouldn't say either of us are morning people either. But that's our business now isn't it?

My thoughts.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
November 25th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I grew up in a house where you had to be making progress in something ALL the time. When my dad would come home, he'd say "What did you do today?" and expect a huge list of chores and if it wasn't enough, the next day he'd make you a list...

So now I'm lazy. :D It's backlash time...

No, seriously though, to me, lazy is when you have tons of stuff to do right now, and you don't do any of it and you don't plan to do any of it. Taking it easy is time off from doing stuff. If you don't do stuff and you take time off from it, you're lazy.

That's what has been so hard for me with this thyroid crap. I'm so tired and I just feel like total garbage physically that I don't do much. All I want to do is sleep or lie there pretending not to think about how dizzy or nauseous I am... And the laundry and dishes pile up, while my bf thinks I have crazy amounts of "free time", and I just can't do it. I'm so unproductive, it would make my dad cringe into spasms.:D

You just have to do what you have to do... You know how you feel, and you know how much work you do. If you don't feel like you contribute enough, then contribute more. I wouldn't change my habits because somebody thinks sleeping in is wasting the day. Honestly, I'm a night owl (lol- like you didn't know that), and the man is an early bird and we just use the time when we're awake alone as "alone time". Sometimes he even shuts the bedroom door so I sleep even longer. :o (I sleep till something wakes me up).

If sleeping in is wasting the day, then going to bed early is wasting the night, right? I'd rather waste the day- there's less crap to contend with at night... It's so peaceful.:)

shannonRN
November 29th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Like Rick said, lazy is an opinion--I'm an excellent procrastinator but wouldn't call myself lazy.

The trick, when you're in a relationship, is to find some sort of middle ground--Saturday you get up and take care of business, but Sunday, you get to hang out and watch TV, etc. You'll probably have a better time Sunday knowing that you took care of everything the day before anyway.

raingirl
November 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
sooo tired...I just worked two 12 hour days...and he calls me lazy! Grrr...

yeah, I guess it all just depends. I guess I feel like sometimes because I work so much more that he should do most of the house stuff...I also pay for more things.

Prin
November 30th, 2005, 05:44 AM
I think you should sit down and divide stuff... I say that, but right now, I have a raw deal too, so I can't really preach it. I'm in school for 20 hours a week, so I technically work less, so I have to do the housework. But midterm time, paper time and exam time, I have wayyyy more than 40 hours a week, but the deal is still the same. So I go off and my boyfriend looks at me like I'm PMSed (he couldn't care less if I don't clean for a week or two), and then he does a few sympathy dishes and falls asleep.

ahhh... sleeeeep.... *drool* See now, he's gone to work, and I'm just about to go to bed. It all works out.. in a weird, twisted way. Hey, I get the whole bed to myself, right?