Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do you give gifts "from" your pet?

glasslass
November 25th, 2005, 04:02 PM
We've always given little gifts from "Santa Paws" or "Santa Claws" to "Poppa" or "Grandma". One of my favorites was a restaurant-sized can of tapioca pudding. I removed the label and made up one that said "Fish-Eye Pudding" to Poppa from Santa Claws. And, yeah, I have to admit there's been a few times I've wrapped up something that was a pure indulgence and gave it to myself from that generous Santa Paws. I always act sooooo surprized and my hubby thinks it's a real hoot!

Prin
November 25th, 2005, 04:05 PM
My dad gets a gift from his grandkids, Jemma and Boo and his dog gets one from his "niece and nephew" Jemma and Boo..:D I think I gave the bf a father's day present too..:o

Roxy's_MA
November 25th, 2005, 04:11 PM
My mom got a bouqet of flowers and a card from Roxy on her 50th birthday. I was actually a little embarrassed it was the first one she opened, and read the card out loud to about 30 people in a restaurant. The card was a way for Roxy to say "thank-you for taking care of me when when mom has a late night or has an all day event and I can't come. Thank-you for always welcoming me in your home for Sunday dinner. "

raingirl
November 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
and my hubby thinks it's a real hoot!

When I first read that, I thought it said "and my hubbt thinks its real hot!" I was thinking what the heck??

savannah
November 28th, 2005, 08:50 AM
My dogs always give gifts, at birthdays, christmas, even wedding showers. I even asked my daughter what the dogs should get her for christmas. She said that the dogs should not get anything for her, but that she is going to buy them perfume for christmas.

Dog Mom
November 28th, 2005, 08:59 AM
My dogs give presents for all occasions, my family is starting to think I'm nuts but oh well :) my 3 year old niece think's it's the greatest thought so I guess that makes up for the rest of the family!!

jessi76
November 28th, 2005, 09:40 AM
absolutely! we even have a small ink pad (non toxic of course) which we use to stamp their paws as a signature. I've even gone so far as to write little notes "from" my pets, using my left hand (looking like a 3 yr old wrote it).

jiorji
November 28th, 2005, 04:43 PM
my dad for his bday got a small ziplock bag full of cat and guinea pig fur. That was his present from the animal army lol

it doesn't compare to the card I got him. I should put more effort into presents.:rolleyes:

Jackie467
November 28th, 2005, 08:45 PM
We don't really give gifts from the dogs, but we do give cards from them.

glasslass
November 28th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Den-Den has even sponsored neighborhood kids for walk-a-thons. I once got a bill from the school addressed to Den-Den and our last name. When he was attacked in July 2004, the kids across the street brought him a package of treats and a get well card.

jawert1
November 29th, 2005, 08:30 AM
I give my parents something from the both of them every year, and sign it from the grandpuppies (much to my mother's chagrin) :D