Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montreal Dog Show

meb999
November 25th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Is anyone going to the Montreal Dog show?
I think I'm going to go tomorow. I'm a little confused though...I looked up the schedule on the internet because my hubbie wants to see the agility competition and it isn't there. They only have the time for 'obedience' - -is agility included in 'obedience'??

mesaana
November 25th, 2005, 04:10 PM
As far as I know, there is no agility competition. I know sometimes they have agility demonstrations... And no, agility is not included in obedience.

Mind you, I haven't been in a couple of years. I might go on Sunday morning, if I have time.

Prin
November 25th, 2005, 05:21 PM
ooo when is it? This weekend?

And the past couple of years, there was no agility, only obedience- where the owners have to make the doggies do stuff from far away. It would be fun if it wasn't so serious.

Last year, there was a dobie who was doing so well and then all of a sudden he took a crap in the middle of the ring. The owner was humiliated and the watchers were all, "That right there is why you have to record every bowel movement- so you can be sure this doesn't happen". :rolleyes: I think I would have found it funny. You have 50 people watching your dog take a crap- what's not funny about that?:D

meb999
November 25th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah it started today...

I'm going to go tomorow around 10ish ... I wanted to see the Boxer competition, but it's at nine...I'll try to get up that early..but I don't think I'll make it!!

Here's the schedule : http://www.ukc.ca/main/index.htm

Last year, there was a dobie who was doing so well and then all of a sudden he took a crap in the middle of the ring. The owner was humiliated and the watchers were all, "That right there is why you have to record every bowel movement- so you can be sure this doesn't happen". I think I would have found it funny. You have 50 people watching your dog take a crap- what's not funny about that?
LOL LOL LOL

meb999
November 27th, 2005, 10:52 AM
The Dog Show was AWESOME!! I had such a riot! I was watching the Great Dane competition, and this HUGE dane starts peeing as the judge is judging him, and he peed like FOREVER (I swear it must have been at least 2 minutes -- he REALLY had to go!) They needed 2 mops to clean it up -- needless to say, he didn't win :D

Prin
November 27th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Aw I wish I could have seen that. LOL

Rottielover
November 28th, 2005, 10:03 AM
I was there friday and sat morning. I wanted to watch the rottweilers compete. Well Harley's co breeder was supposed to be showing, but she never showed up. Do not know what happened. But I made a good friend with someone from vermont. Introduced her to the world of seiger shows, she will be doing one next summer with her dog, will meet her there. Lots of toys for Harley. and I had to keep my daughter in the stroller.
Little miss no fear wanted to pet all the dogs, so safer to keep her strapped up. She had a blast, especially with the rotties