November 25th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Well I'm new here. And I was wondering, I am trying to get a new dog park up and running in my town and I was hoping to get some positive feedback on what you think the benefits of a dog park are. Then I can print of your letters and bring them to the Parks and Rec for my City. He sounds positive but I need some help convincing the non-dog owners of the town coucil that it would be beneficial to the town.
Could you please drop me a line with a reply to this post on what you think about dog parks? Thanks everyone!
Caspars mom. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr
November 25th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Why a dog park is beneficial to non-dog owners?
- no dogs running free in nearby parks
- not as many doggy loads in nearby parks
- not as much chance of non-dog people running into dog people
- all the dogs are in one place, so issuing tickets for not having licences is much easier
- can make use of the worst land or land that the city can't use (i.e. between hydro pylons or the lowest part of a park that is always full of muck)
- tired doggies are good doggies, so dogs in apartments in the area might bark less
- keeps parks safer- near dusk, when the teens are in the park, if a dog park nearby is full of people (people who are watching;) ), the teens tend to be less destructive (at least, that's what we've noticed at our park)
Benefits for dog owners are obvious, but here are a couple:
- creates a good network of people to facilitate access to pet-related services
- creates a community within the community
- dogs can socialize with people and dogs and become less antisocial in other settings (i.e. on the street, meeting strangers..)
- people confer knowledge about pet health and pet care and it contributes to more healthy pets in the area
I hope that helped.:)
November 25th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Thank you so much for your reply! I will definately print that out! Does any one else have a nice story about their trip to a dog park or how it has helped them? Maybe you got over your migraines since you started getting fresh air? Maybe your marriage got better since you have been walking through the park with your "luffer"? Maybe you're a senior whose only form of excercise is a park? Any letters are good letters......they wont just listen to little ol me. I will eventually post all these on our dog park site....if we get one...and future dog park devoteees can use them too !!!!
Thanks in advance everyone! i love hearing these wonderful things!
:thumbs up :grouphug: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: