Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Thanksgiving USA!!

Copper'sMom
November 24th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!!:grouphug: I hope you are all enjoying your turkey dinner!! Yummy!! Oh and enjoying the company of your friends and family too.:p Oh and most importantly your PETS!!!!:crazy:

It is today isn't it? That's what my calender says anyway!

Rick C
November 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Happy and safe holidaying to our American friends.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

shannonRN
November 25th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Belated thank you!

I have so much to be thankful for that I almost--almost--feel guilty about complaining that I had to work a 12 hour shift, which turned into 14 hours. So much for the holiday--we will celebrate it tomorrow. But as I said, I have much to be thankful for that waiting an extra day to enjoy my turkey-induced coma is a small price to pay:cool: .

Jackie467
November 25th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks. It was yesterday. I'm still full. I had to eat two dinners, one with my family and one with DH's. I ate so much the thought of food is making me sick. lol.

Roxy's_MA
November 25th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Happy belated thanksgiving. I was home sick yesterday, so I got to watch the big national dog show that is on every thanksgiving. The colored bull terrier won.

I guess today is black friday in the USA (don't ask heard it on the news) apparently the biggest shopping day of the year in the USA. Better get the credit cards out, Christmas is coming.

Happy Shopping Day!

Prin
November 25th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Let the shopping begin!:D I haven't had turkey in sooo long... (But I can't complain because Dec27th, I'll never want to see another turkey for at least another year...:D )

joeysmama
November 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the good wishes ! Thanksgiving is so much fun, especially now when the kids are home from school. I think I appreciate it more now because getting to spend time with them is such a treat.

Yes---Black Friday is the nickname for the day after Thanksgiving because so many people start their Christmas shopping. Most malls open early and one store was advertising that they would be opneing their doors at 5:00 a.m.:eek: The news showed footage on Friday night of shoppers trampling one another to get in at one store.

I avoid the stores like the plague on the weekend after Thanksgiving. We go to a small little main street town on a river where they have an annual event called Dickens Day. The shopkeepers dress in Dickens era garb. They sell hot dogs and popcorn on the street. There are horse and carriage rides. A local law firm hangs out a Scrooge and Marley sign. This is the kind of shopping I dont' mind. Just wandering in an out of little shops--no big crowds--just enough people to be festive. No one is really shoppign so much as soaking up the atmosphere. There's an art museum and a beautiful old mill on the river. A lot of doggies. There's a cute little pet supply place--overpriced and not as much selection as Target--but still cute ! A small bookstore where there is often an author signing books.

Sorry I'm rambling. But anyway--in our house it's not Black Friday. It's all aobut Dickens day !!But what a fun kick-off to the Christmas season.