Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Drooling Puppy

tigger7199
September 23rd, 2003, 07:19 PM
I just adopted a puppy a couple weeks ago. I still have yet to take her to the vet to get shots. I am getting to that though. :)
She apparently was dropped on the side of the road with seven other puppies and their mother as well. Well my question is I took her for a ride today in the car and she was awful quiet and seemed nervous. I also noticed she was drooling ALOT!! But when we got to our destination it stopped. Then on the way home she did it again. Could it be because she is nervous bout being in the vehicle??? I was just curious but when i do take her to the vet will bring it to their attention. Thanks:)

Lucky Rescue
September 23rd, 2003, 08:27 PM
Yes, the excessive salivation can be from nervousness, and after what happened to her, it's not surprising.

I would start taking her for very short trips, and make sure something good happens at the end of it. Take her to the park, or to visit a friend - give treats, or toys or playtime at the end of the trip so she starts to associate the car with good things!

tigger7199
September 23rd, 2003, 10:46 PM
thanks so much. I will do that. I just worry that is all. She seems ok in all other aspects. acting like a puppy should. very vibrant and full of energy. Even I have trouble keeping up with her sometime :) Thanks again.:)