Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Haven't been on in a while.

heeler's rock!
November 24th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. For those who didn't know, I was pregnant with my first baby due in October. Well, he was due October 5th, but decided to wait another week until October 13th! I was scheduled for an induction on the 14th, but my water broke at 12:41am. Contractions started around 1:30am and they were strong! They were already 4 minutes apart and became 2.5 minutes apart by the time we reached the hospital. They thought I would have him pretty quickly. I got an epidural at 3:30am and just waited. And waited. And waited! I progressed to 6cm by noon, but then at 5:30, I was only 7cm. They couldn't figure out why I wasn't dilating anymore since my contractions were strong and close together the whole time. The doctor said I may need a c-section, so I just opted to go ahead with one since I was so exhausted. They got me into the OR at around 8:00pm and Isaac Alejandro was born at 8:16pm. He weighed 8lbs 2oz and was 20.5 inches long. They told me that my uterus had formed a band around his head from contracting so hard for so long. They said that's why I didn't progress, and my uterus could have ruptured! Good thing I elected for a c-section!

That was 6 weeks ago, and now he's playing more, looking around, and laughing! This is the greatest feeling ever! I love him soooo much! The dogs have been great with him so far, and they were protective of him at first. Now they've mellowed out a bit. Anyways, here's a picture of my little man. :)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/pami_p/Excuseme.jpg

Prin
November 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad everything is going well.:grouphug: Welcome back!

heeler's rock!
November 24th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks Prin! :o

Lucky Rescue
November 24th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Congratulations!!!:party:

So glad everything turned out fine. What a big gorgeous boy you have! He's so cute!!!:)

Copper'sMom
November 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Welcome back Heeler's!!!!!!!:grouphug: And a HUGE congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!!!!:angel: He is adorable!!!(Love that pic btw) I was just thinking about you the other day and figured you must be so busy with the baby, being a new mom and all - and so has Sammiec!

Can't wait to see more pics!!!!!

chico2
November 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Heelers,nice to have you back and what a beautiful little boy:love:
I am glad you had no problems with the dogs,I don't know why some people think babies and dogs don't go together,they are a perfet match!!!

Lizzie
November 24th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Very cute! I love the big eyes :)

Luba
November 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Congratulations and wow what lovely lovely eyes :D:grouphug:

mesaana
November 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Congratulations! Very good looking baby!!!

Lyne

sammiec
November 24th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I am so happy for you! *hugs* I'm glad things are going well!! Hope to see more of you soon! ;) I'm missing you, so does SM!

susieqt
November 24th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Isn't a baby the best thing? Enjoy him with all your heart, babies grow so fast that before you know it, he'll be starting school. All the best and congratulations to your sweet bundle of joy.:thumbs up

kayla
November 25th, 2005, 12:15 AM
What a cutie!:love: Congrats!

Schwinn
November 25th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Congrats, Heelers!! Guess what? You think it's great now, it's going to get better! Oh, and if you're like me, and thought that a video camera was a waste of money, because you'd probably never use it...let's just say, you might want to start saving now...:D

heeler's rock!
November 25th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone!! He's so great, and my life feels so much more complete now. I'll post more pics soon, I promise!

LOL Schwinn! We're gonna go buy a camcorder soon too. We hate the idea of not being able to record him talking to himself, like he's doing right now. Silly boy! :)

SarahLynn123
November 25th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!! He is so gorgeous.
Take care and we will chat soon!
Sarah

Roxy's_MA
November 25th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Congratulations, What a beautiful boy!!!:angel: I love that full head of hair.

glasslass
November 25th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I couldn't see his photo while reading your post. Then I scrolled down and WOW! That alert little expression just made me grin! He looks like he just can't wait to see what the world has to offer and, so far, it's all been pretty great! Congrats!