Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy needs a name

joeysmama
November 24th, 2005, 11:28 AM
We thought we could wait a few days for the kids to come home before we named our puppy. But they can't seem to agree on a name either. Well he's starting to think his name is "Puppy".

Want to vote? We'd like him to have a name before the dinner dishes are cleared.

The short list is:

Cooper
Asta
Bailey
Charlie
Bear

He's a shih tzu--beige and white with a little black mask around his eyes and a little black on the ends of his ears. And it took him very little time to get comfortable here. :)

jesse's mommy
November 24th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I like Cooper.

angie79
November 24th, 2005, 11:32 AM
funny the names you have there my guy is cooper... then became cooper bear... and he even comes to bear now.... just do a combo..

glasslass
November 24th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I like Cooper too.

rivers
November 24th, 2005, 12:13 PM
with the little black mask, I would think of a superhero name...

like Zorro, Batman (especially with the added bonus of black tipped ears!) or call him Bruce Wayne, Phantom, Comet...
Zorro's real name is apparently 'Don Alejandro de la Vega', so maybe just Don?

otherwise from your shortlist, Bailey

why is it so easy to name someone elses puppy, and I couldn't get my own one right?!

jesse's mommy
November 24th, 2005, 12:21 PM
How about Mr. Incredible????

rivers
November 24th, 2005, 12:27 PM
How about Badger? That's what I should have called my pup :rolleyes:

Prin
November 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I like Bear. You can make so many names with it- teddybear, babybear, muddybear, crazybear, cutiebear, twittybear...:D

rivers
November 24th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Bandit. :rolleyes:
Robin.

Melinda
November 24th, 2005, 01:29 PM
how about Rory, as in rory raccoon?

rivers
November 24th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Carob-mmm, I like this one

Inky
Pirate
Onyx
Magic
Knight
Molasses :rolleyes:

Shaykeija
November 24th, 2005, 08:53 PM
How about Bandit because a Shih Zhu will steal your heart....:p

mona_b
November 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I actually like the name Asta.......:D

OR:
Jasper
Rolo
Gizmo

kayla
November 24th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Hmmm, hard to pick a name with no picture in mind. You should post a pic of him! But I do like all the names you picked for him.. What's his personality like?

joeysmama
November 25th, 2005, 08:51 AM
I love all the responses. And I think I'm becoming addicted to this website !

My family has strongly vetoed Asta. I liked that one after the little dog in the Thin Man movies with William Powell and Myrna Loy. Hmmm..... would people think we have the same smooth sophistication if our dog has the same name as theirs? LOL--probably not !!

I really like Cooper because it's cute without having the "ey" ending like Joey had. I just didn't want the names to be too similar. But my kids also like Bailey after the family in "It's a Wonderful Life" Can you tell we like old movies ? But I think it sounds like a girls name. This poor little guy is going to wind up being officially named Puppy !!

Anyway--his personality is wonderful. He's very playful but will almost always sit and cuddle if you want to. And he plays so hard he gets himself worn out and falls fast asleep and then you can pick him up and take him to the sofa and he'll curl up and take a nice cozy nap with you. VERY determined !! I was taking clothes out of the dryer and he was swiping them and trying to get to the family room with them but there's a step and he was having a hard time but he kept trying and even gave himself a running start. And he did it !! He's really a cute little guy !!

Anyway---thank you all so much for being interested. I really do love this site !

poodletalk
November 25th, 2005, 08:58 AM
If he likes to cuddle call him bear for Teddybear.

papillonmama
November 25th, 2005, 09:02 AM
How about Mr. Incredible????

Or the son, Dash, sounds dashing, (as in handsome not running), and quick (as in smart and fast), too!

angie79
November 25th, 2005, 09:03 AM
could you post a pic for us to see?

joeysmama
November 25th, 2005, 09:50 AM
I would love to post a pic ! And my kids are home and they have digital camers. I have to make sure one of them thought to bring their camera with them.

This is a little embarassing to admit--but I'm sooo computer illiterate. Could someone explain to me, as if I were 4 years old, exactly how to post a pic ?