Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

MSM better than Glucosamine?

Gripenfelter
November 23rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
So my breeder has been taking Glucosamine for her bad back for years and it did nothing for her. She started taking MSM and her back is 100% better after 2 weeks of use. She now uses MSM supplements for all her malamutes.

MSM is supposed to help with bad joints and connecting tissue. I checked the local health food store and they sell 300 1000mg tablets for $8.99.

Anyone else try MSM supplements with their dogs?

BoxerRescueMTL
November 23rd, 2005, 03:36 PM
I believe the best is the combo of msm/glucosamine/chondroitin. You can get a liquid that contains all three. Liquid is better than tablets as it is quickly and easier absorbed than tablets. Make sure that it is a good quality, I heard that Synflex is great.

mona_b
November 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
I use K9-MX for Tron.He has a bit of arthritis..But since he has been on this,he's been doing great.I also give him Shark Cartilage treats.

It's a canine version of Lakota.I got my dad using the Lakota for his arthritis.And it works wonders for him.

savannah
November 24th, 2005, 12:19 PM
My dog takes the msm/glucosamine/chondroitin supplement from jameison. I was giving him the wellness brand ones, but then I heard that the "human" supplements would be okay, and much less expensive.
He is almost finished with the jameison ones, so where can i buy Synflex or K9-MX?
He also gets Yucca Schidigera Extract, Chondroitin Sulfate, and Glucosamine Hydrochloride in his merricks dog food, and i don't want to over-do anything (for a 16lb dog)

the gang
November 24th, 2005, 06:29 PM
i buy mine at a tac shop, its best in show bis. its pure and got lots of goodies in it:highfive: , all the greyhound people swear by it.

mona_b
November 24th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I get mine at my pet supply store,Pet Value.

Here is a link to it.

http://www.maisonradical.ca/Nouveau_Dossier/Lakota/k9-mx.htm