Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mozart's sick again, throwing up and constipated

melz
November 23rd, 2005, 10:28 AM
Hi guys!

Well Mozart's been throwing up bile since Monday night. Not very frequent but enough to wonder. I think it would be from him eating some canned cat food on Monday night when I visited my partner. He threw it all up in the car but that continued on with a bile throw up yesterday.

On top of that, he's becoming very stubburn or he's either constipated. Its been really cold out lately, well for Moe anyway.. he seems to just want to go out for is pee and hold in the poop. or maybe he's not holding it in.

I'm not sure what to do about that. He's eating, not as much as i'm used to seeing him eat, then again i'm doing a lot more running around so I'm not necessarely there to see him eat.

Anything I can do to help him poop?

angie79
November 23rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
dont know for sure but if you think he's constipated try the human trick prunes... i dont think prunes would be harmfull

raingirl
November 23rd, 2005, 10:45 AM
throwing up and not pooping are signs of an intestinal blockage. I would take him to get vet to make sure he didn't eat anything that is blocking him up first. If the vet can't find anything bad, then he/she should give you options to help him poop.

Prin
November 23rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
I agree. Throwing up and constipation warrant a vet visit. It could be nothing, but it's better to be safe than sorry.