Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Owner Passed Away - 3 Cats Need Rehoming

SOS MIOW
November 22nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
I recently had a call from a lady whose elderly grandmother passed away and left 3 gorgeous 3-4 year old cats behind. Someone is looking after them temporarily, but cannot do so for very long. All 3 are on our website and will be at our adopton clinic on November 26th at Le Reveil du Maitre, 4860 boul. St-Jean, Pierrefonds (noon to 3:00 pm).

Here they are:

Patches (Female) - 4 yr old (spayed).
A very sweet, friendly little diluted calico who gets along with other cats and should adapt quite easily to a new home.

SOS MIOW
November 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Here is the second one:

Bijou (3 yr old neutered male).
Looks and acts like a kitten! Very playful and great with other cats. A real charmer (declawed in front).

SOS MIOW
November 22nd, 2005, 11:59 PM
Here is the 3rd cat:

Putsy - a very LARGE (22+ lbs) declawed male, neutered. Can be a bit grumpy, but will warm up to people once he gets to know you. A mature household is recommended (no small children) for this big bruiser!

Prin
November 23rd, 2005, 12:16 AM
They're really beautiful. I especially like the black one. I hope they find their homes soon.

SOS MIOW
November 23rd, 2005, 12:34 AM
I'm sure we can help find homes for the first 2 - it's the big guy I'm more concerned about. Being declawed, he tends to 'nip' when annoyed (very common to declawed cats). All 3 will be at our adoption clinic Saturday, and I will be keeping an eye on Putsy to make sure he doesn't get too 'grumpy' with potential adoptors. :rolleyes:

SOS MIOW
December 1st, 2005, 12:49 AM
Bijou has been adopted.

Patches is a real love-bug - friendly with both people and other cats.

Putsy is hesitant with strangers but his foster Mom said he warmed right up to her after a day or two (and kitty treats).

SnowDancer
December 1st, 2005, 09:26 AM
I have to ask - no one in the family can/will take in the cats? We recently updated our wills to ensure that our dog (and Satan cat) will never find themselves in this position. Had to pick our people very carefully - funds provided - and definitely not my husband's family. Will be very happy when the day comes that if you leave money to someone on condition that they take your pets, that they actually have to.

SOS MIOW
December 2nd, 2005, 12:35 AM
I have to ask - no one in the family can/will take in the cats?

There's only the granddaughter here in Montreal and she had made arrangements with a friend of hers to care for the cats. The granddaughter is allergic to cats, otherwise she would have taken them (she thinks they are sweet).

Problem now is that the caretaker will be moving before December 10th and it's now urgent that new homes be found.

Patches will do fine in our adoption centre, but I am not too sure how Putsy will do in a multi-cat environment with strangers around. He is the one I am more concerned about, due to his size and temperment. He is leary of strangers, but the caretaker said he warmed up to her within 2 days.

SnowDancer
December 2nd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks for update. I just hear of so many stories of much loved pets being dumped by relatives after collecting their inheritances, it makes me sick. I have a 20 month Eskimo and they do not do particulary well in shelters, and you know how easily the worst can happen.

chico2
December 3rd, 2005, 04:30 PM
SOS Miow,Putsy is a beautiful big cat,I wish the vets would tell the owners before they have the terrible deed done,the cat might end up nipping,which could be a lot worse than a scratch.
I hope he finds a home,I love big cats and Putsy is gorgeous!

SOS MIOW
December 3rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
SOS Miow,Putsy is a beautiful big cat,I wish the vets would tell the owners before they have the terrible deed done,the cat might end up nipping,which could be a lot worse than a scratch.
I hope he finds a home,I love big cats and Putsy is gorgeous!

I know what you mean. Any cat that I've seen that is declawed is a 'nipper' (some are hard biters).

However, the person looking after Putsy right now assures me that once he gets to know you, he is putsy in your hands!:thumbs up