Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think Wyki may be sick

vettegirl53
November 22nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
My 2-yr-old kitty Wyki has been acting strangely today, and I'm hoping somebody can help me figure out what I should do.

He has been acting pretty lethargic today, but seems to be eating and drinking ok. His eyes look a little strange; he seems really tired and they just don't look right. Also, he's been crouching and gagging like he's going to throw up but hasn't actually produced anything. He throws up pretty frequently, especially if he gets into anything with any milk in it, so we're used to him vomiting but he doesn't usually just gag like this, and the lethargy makes it different too.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I would really appreciate any suggestions.

White Wolf
November 22nd, 2005, 09:51 PM
This cat needs a vet.

vettegirl53
November 22nd, 2005, 10:11 PM
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

I just fed him and he was pretty excited about eating.

jesse's mommy
November 22nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately we are not vets here. If we knew what the problem was -- as in the results from a visit to the vet -- people here can relate to that, but we are unable to diagnose the problems your pet may be having. Definitely go see a vet and let us know what they say.

Lucky Rescue
November 23rd, 2005, 12:59 AM
Your cat is crouching, gagging, vomiting and is lethargic. These are all just symptoms of something wrong, ranging from trivial to potentially fatal.

It could be anything from a hairball to a blockage to a tumour. You really need to take him to the vet.

White Wolf
November 23rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
It's unanimous. Please take this cat to the vet and post again with an update on his condition.