Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Reward tops $10,000 to find Yorkie killer

Roxy's_MA
November 22nd, 2005, 03:20 PM
Reward tops $10,000 to find Yorkie killer

Journal Staff

EDMONTON
The reward to find the burglar who viciously killed a Yorkshire terrier earlier this month has grown to between $10,000 and $12,000, the dogís owner says.
Bob Desrosiers returned home from work Nov.8 to find his house, at 124th Street and 121st Avenue, broken into and his beloved dog Alex in a pool of blood.
His other dog, a female Yorkie named Bebe, escaped injury by hiding behind furniture.
After hearing of Desrosiersís loss, many people donated to a reward to find Alexís killer, including donations collected at a pet store chain.
A dog breeder from Fawcett, northwest of Edmonton, has also offered Desrosiers a new puppy, which he expects to adopt within a few weeks.

I heard about this a few weeks ago, but didn't post because I found it very distrubing. What I can say is that I love living in a city where when something bad happens the people seem to come together. Originally the owner offered $1000 reward. People just kept adding to it. I really hope they find the sicko that did this soon.