Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dawson now certified as a St. John's Ambulance Therapy Dog!!

lezzpezz
November 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
My little buddy just passed with flying colours and I wanted to share the joyous news with all! He was the obvious favourite of the St. John's staff because of his gentle demeanour. They want him to visit the veterans at Parkwood hospital, which is perfect! I knew he was destined to be someone special the moment I saw his photo on the Animalert website: such a soft and welcoming face:love:

Not bad for a dog that was thrown from a truck at the Glencoe Animal shelter, (high kill), and had obvious facial lacerations, and then rescued by Animalert, (no kill), and adopted later by me! He's had a rough go, but has really found a place in life:highfive:

Atta boy!!

jawert1
November 22nd, 2005, 01:35 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!:grouphug:

JanM
November 22nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
I can relate to your joy - Bobby, my 1.5 yr old Golden passed the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog test in early October! We haven't gone visiting yet but hope to pretty soon. He, too is an awesome fellow :thumbs up Congrats to you both!

lezzpezz
November 22nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
right back at ya! I am a pretty proud momma!! Yeah!

Lucky Rescue
November 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
A big congrats to both of you!!!!:thumbs up You should be very proud of yourself.

It's amazing what love can do.

maddoxies
November 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Congrats

I had many years of rewarding visits with my Callie. She was the star, I was just the lump on the other end of the leash. The residents of the nursing hom even threw a birtday party for her one year (She was 15 years old, the residents were thrilled to see someone older than they were still "working" and being useful). 12 years later I still have the birthday card they all signed for my girl.

Enjoy visitations

Toonces
November 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
WooHoo!!!! How exciting for you both!!! I bet he brings lots of smiles to many people who could really use them, you must be so proud, way to go.:party:

lezzpezz
November 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
Thank you all! And just wonderful to hear about Callie! That is so sweet!!

Copper'sMom
November 23rd, 2005, 10:22 AM
That's great Lezzer!!! :highfive: Congratulations!!:thumbs up

BullLover
November 24th, 2005, 12:23 PM
My little buddy just passed with flying colours and I wanted to share the joyous news with all! He was the obvious favourite of the St. John's staff because of his gentle demeanour. Atta boy!!

Yippee!!!! :party: Way to go Dawson. He is so gentle and friendly. I knew he could do it.:grouphug: Give him a big hug from me.

Georgiapeaches
November 24th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Congrats to both of you!!! Dawson will definitely brighten the veterans days!!:thumbs up