Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Brax in the semi finals cute pet comp

tybrax
November 22nd, 2005, 09:47 AM
International Pet Owners Club Pittsburgh.

l have recieved a letter in the mail from America and l am in shock., here's how it goes.

Dear Tybrax,

Let me start by saying Congradulations! YOU DID IT!.
You are now a Semi Finalist in the cutest pet photo contest! After our judging
staff compared your photo to the other enteries we recieved, we unanimously agreed your photo of BRAX will advance to the fianl round of judging.

Tybrax l have got some more good news.

We have also selected your photo to appear in our newest book.
"CUTEST PET OF 2005"
The book will be a collection of some of the cutest pet photo's from around the
world and only the best pet photo's are allowed to apear in theis coffee table edition photo book.

The photo of Brax has qualified and will be one of our "Featured pets" in the book.
In addition very book will have a special "Biography" section.

With your permissiom Brax will appear as one of the curtest pets in the photo book schedulaed for printing in the Fall of 2005 and distibuted to the public in early winter.

Brax is in the running for the $10,000 prize money. Only the cream of the crop
will be included in Cutest pets of 2005.

We recieve the book for half price.

Once again, l want to congradulate you and wish you the best of luck in the final round of judging. Your photo of Brax an excellent chance of winning.

yours truly

Rosa
Award chairperson
cutest pet contest.

Oh my lord , l am in shock never in a millions years did l expect this.

l don't really care about the money its the fact that Brax will be in a book and that what l am proud of. Treasured forever.

Oh by the way l cant remember which pic l entered, l no its was with my grandaughter Taykeeta. How silly that l cant remember.

Its one of these.

tybrax
November 22nd, 2005, 09:48 AM
Or this one.

Roxy's_MA
November 22nd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Those are so cute!! I love the tee-shirt in the first one.

Copper'sMom
November 22nd, 2005, 09:54 AM
That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!:thumbs up You must be thrilled and so very proud!!! I know I would be!:D

raingirl
November 22nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Be careful! I know a few people who got this email, and it was a whole HOAX. Do not send ANY personal information. Sounds like "phishing" to me. Some people were asked to send money to the company so their pet would get a bigger page for the summer contest, and the book was never published. I beleive Snopes is now investigating it as a hoax.

jessi76
November 22nd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Be careful! I know a few people who got this email, and it was a whole HOAX.

I don't want to burst your bubble, and I hope it is legit, but raingirl could be right, it could be a scam. I've gotten 2 of those letters in the mail. I believe it's a scam. I never sent any money, or correspondence, and yet I keep getting letters.

If it is legit, CONGRATS!

My cat won the friskies contest last year, and I never had to send any money. I even moved to another town, never updating my info for the contest, and the company tracked me down to give me the prize, and even then, there was alot of paperwork that needed to be notarized.

Melinda
November 22nd, 2005, 02:05 PM
be very careful, we also won, to see if it was a hoax, we opened 5 different emails with hotmail and submitted photo's from magazines, all 5 also won. Just make really sure before you send them any money. To order the book, which you had to do, came to roughly $50. canadian.

tybrax
November 23rd, 2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks for all your concerns, l have contacted them by phone today and they have reassured me its no hoax.:thumbs up

It was also comfirmed that the pic in the contest is Taykeeta and Brax in her pitty t-shirt.

tybrax.

LM1313
November 23rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Not to burst your bubble, but I think it's like those books of poetry where they declare every entrant a "winner" . . . not necessarily because they are out to steal your credit card (although that's always a risk), but because they want to con you into shelling out the $$$ to buy their book.

~LM~

babyrocky1
November 23rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
Congrats Tybrax, Shannon told me something about this! Whatever the outcome your pups always a winner here LOL ! The pics are great!:pawprint: