Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

poor peenie

mona_b
November 22nd, 2005, 12:01 AM
Well my daughter had to go back home to T.O to take Phoenix to get shaved.She was matted pretty good

Well this is her before pic.

mona_b
November 22nd, 2005, 12:06 AM
And here she is expressing her thoughts on being shaved.

Prin
November 22nd, 2005, 01:44 AM
But aren't they so soft when they're shaved? I've shaved a few and even though they say it wrecks the fur, I like it better shaved...:o

mona_b
November 22nd, 2005, 07:00 AM
That they are.....:)

This is the first time she has been shaved,and I hope the last.Especially since it cost me $250.. :eek:

She had to be knocked out cold.LOL

Prin
November 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
Sometimes you can do it at home with a kitty muzzle. You just do it for about 15 minutes (till the clipper needs a rest) and then take a break for a while and then do it again...I've done a couple. A few kitties are ok when they have the muzzle on.

susieqt
November 22nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
$250 for a shave? That is alot of money! I groom many cats and charge only $45 (I'm on the southshore of Montreal). You must have gone to a vet to have her done and that is why they knocked her out to do her cut. Most vets don't like to work on an animal when they are awake. If you do have to get her done next time, try to go to a grooming shop where (I hope) it will be alot cheaper, and safer for her, too.

Prin
November 22nd, 2005, 11:19 PM
yeah, some kitties just can't be groomed by strangers... We had one at the vet clinic I worked at that was crazy vicious and the vet wouldn't help me with her... I finally gave up and told her I really couldn't do it, so all mumbly and grumbly, she went to get the cat out of her cage and the cat sliced the front of her shirt open- way open. That kitty just did not like us at all (but it was funny when the know-it-all, condescending vet got her clothes sliced by the "zorro cat"...:D )

mona_b
November 22nd, 2005, 11:51 PM
Sometimes you can do it at home with a kitty muzzle.

Trust me,If I could I would...LOL

She can be aggressive at times.And there is no way I could have done it..

Heck,I had my nephew hold her while I was trying to cut some of the mats out.She went NUTS..She growled,hissed,spat and bit.And my nephew is built(muscular)..He just couldn't hold her.I had to give up.

$250 for a shave? That is alot of money! I groom many cats and charge only $45 (I'm on the southshore of Montreal). You must have gone to a vet to have her done and that is why they knocked her out to do her cut. Most vets don't like to work on an animal when they are awake. If you do have to get her done next time, try to go to a grooming shop where (I hope) it will be alot cheaper, and safer for her, too.

Yes,it's my vet clinic that I have been going to for about 20 years.It's a groomer that does it,not the vet.They have a grooming service there.

I knew she would have to be knocked out.Phoenix was not a good kitty when she had her shots done 3 weeks ago.And they said there is no way they could shave her without her being put under.She can be a little B***H at times....LOL...She has quite the attitude.Pheonix will come for attention and lovings only on "her" terms.:rolleyes: ..So a grooming shop is out of the question if she needs it dones again.

Remember,the $250 was not just for the shave itself.It was also the anestetic(sp) and the aftercare when she woke up.My daughter never brought me the bill,my dad has it.So I don't know what else is on it.

I went through this also with my previous cat.He too needed to be put under to get shaved.